Junkie Should Die

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
Associated Press
May 19, 2009

A Bakersfield man with a history of drug abuse remained jailed Monday after allegedly biting out one of his 4-year-old son's eyes and mutilating the other.

Angel Vidal Mendoza, 34, has been charged with mayhem, torture, child cruelty and inflicting an injury to a child in the alleged attack on his son.

Bakersfield police said in a search warrant that the child told investigators, "My daddy ate my eyes."

Police said Mendoza appeared to be under the influence of PCP after the April 28 incident.

After two neighbors found the injured child in the apartment he shared with his father, witnesses told authorities that a man in a wheelchair who turned out to be Mendoza was in the backyard of a nearby vacant residence hacking his own legs with an ax, police said.

Mendoza was arrested a week later.

Kern County Jail officials said they did not know whether Mendoza had hired an attorney, and online court records do not indicate whether he is represented.

Mendoza is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday, when a date for his preliminary hearing in the case is expected to be set.

Doctors at Mercy Hospital, where the boy is being treated, said it was unclear whether the child would regain vision in his right eye or be permanently blind.

Mendoza and the child's 23-year-old mother, Desirae Marie Bermudez, were charged with being under the influence of PCP in 2006 and pleaded no contest to child cruelty charges in that case, court records show.

Mendoza has a criminal record going back to 1997 that includes convictions for selling alcohol to a minor, battery and check forgery.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-blindedboy19-2009may19,0,791094.story

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Good grief. Why was the child living with them in the first place?

Such is the travesty of government intervention in child rearing.

It seems that any skank can have a kid, and keep said kid in Ethiopian like conditions because the CPS does not want to upset the sanctity of the parent/ child bond.

Conversely; along comes a couple who wishes to adopt and the agencies practically say no as soon as you walk in the door. There are tens of thousands of people that want kids but can't have them .. and there are MILLIONS of people that HAVE them but don't want them.

Its fucking bullshit ...

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
This is horrible.
I don't even know what to say..except he'd damn well better fry for that shit.

That poor little boy.
Who knows what other horrors he's been exposed to in his 4 years of life. =(

*edit* Well said Cranium, Kudos!

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
How could anyone harm a gorgeous little boy like him?

[video=youtube;JRf3H-H0jc4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRf3H-H0jc4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Wow, how could he...

PEOPLE SUCK!
Kids (as well as domestic animals) are trusting to the point of self destruction.

I imagine that this kid knew that dad was all fucked up and acting weird but still came to the maniac when called.

This in my mind makes the crime that much more heinous because it preys upon the trusting / love of the victim.

Kids and domestic animals are the hot button that gets my agent orange all agitated when I witness/hear stuff like this.

SittinGrumpy

Kids and domestic animals are the hot button that gets my agent orange all agitated when I witness/hear stuff like this.
I absolutely agree with this statement. The types of people that do these kind of things do not prey on people who can fight back, they are cowards.

I think they deserve to be hung from a light pole in the middle of town to be made an example of.