KommieKat!!

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
I thought they all got wiped out by godzilla..?

Kommie I also have a question: Why are the japanese obsessed with anime/ manga cartoons?

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Heysoos Christos, man, no wonder you left Japan....

Is this shit normal?
It's not exactly normal but at the same time not as outlandish as you think it is. Most of this is taking place in Tokyo and would never be seen in the outlaying countryside villages.

And no, that is not the reason why I left.

I thought they all got wiped out by godzilla..?

Kommie I also have a question: Why are the japanese obsessed with anime/ manga cartoons?
Anime and Manga are a way out of their reality. An escape. Japanese are morbid people and can best be generalized as sour-pusses.
They are NOT that happy because of a number of reasons:
1. They live and die for the company which takes up most of their existence.
2. They are completely leaderless. They have no trust or respect for the politicians. They have not 'God' so to speak and the economic god died when the bubble busted in the 1990's.
3. The youth are narcissistic. They feel they have no future so they live for today only.

The same could be said of Pachinko. It was a way to escape reality just after the war.

Hope this helps.

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
Anime and Manga are a way out of their reality. An escape. Japanese are morbid people and can best be generalized as sour-pusses.
4. They have ugly flat faces.

By the way, those pictures were pretty funny.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Kommie, I wanted to add something I had read. The Japanese culture is oppressive. The parents are very hard on the kids, pushing them to succeed, pushing them to earn high grades in school, etc.

So... on the weekends and any free time, they freak the fuck out... er I mean... "express themselves"

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Kommie, I wanted to add something I had read. The Japanese culture is oppressive. The parents are very hard on the kids, pushing them to succeed, pushing them to earn high grades in school, etc.

So... on the weekends and any free time, they freak the fuck out... er I mean... "express themselves"
Yes. The mama's are responsible for the kids upbringing and they push them into piano lessons, swimming lessons, English lessons, cram schools and lots of other stuff.

The mothers are called, Kyoiku-mama. Kyoiku means Education.

It is supposedly worse in Korea. It also happens here in Hong Kong but not as bad.

For good or for bad, even with the high student suicide rates...........these countries have the highest literacy of all industrialized countries with more kids going on to higher education.

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
1. They live and die for the company which takes up most of their existence.
2. They are completely leaderless. They have no trust or respect for the politicians. They have not 'God' so to speak and the economic god died when the bubble busted in the 1990's.
3. The youth are narcissistic. They feel they have no future so they live for today only.

The same could be said of Pachinko. It was a way to escape reality just after the war.

Hope this helps.
It sure does, very interesting to know, thanks!