Mac and PC

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
I am seriously considering converting to a Mac.

I want to buy a new laptop, but only if it will work with our home network.

My brother has a Windows PC. Can we still network together if I have a Mac and he has a PC?

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet

My brother has a Windows PC. Can we still network together if I have a Mac and he has a PC?
The wife bought a Macbook Pro last year. Best decision ever. Boot Camp is a standard program for Mac's that allows to you run Windows on it really well. She does school work 'n' such on the Mac side, I play PC games on the Windows side (surprisingly plays Crysis just fine). It's tits.

It's completely stupid proof and no computer g3@k sp33k or 1337 haxorz knowledge is required to make it run Windows. So if you're unsure if your Mac will play nice with your brother's PC but are still thinking of buying Mac, I strongly recommend it for its Windows capabilities.

'Spensive though.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!

If you're an Artsy type person, than Mac is for you.

If you're into number crunching and and gaming, than PC is it.

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
Oh man. I dont want to get too technical. Although we are both pretty sazzy, I can do software , while he can do hardware.

I've never used a Mac before, so getting used to the platform will be bad enough without adding other things into it, like programs that 'convert' shit to windows.

Laptops are expensive anyway. $1500 and under isn't much of an issue. So it gives me good options without blowing by budget. I can put it on layby and pay it off in 2-3 months :)

Cúchulainn

Asshole 7
Apr 11, 2008
I hate Mac. I hate Mac so much, I won't even buy an iPod. Unfortunately, AAFES (Another Agency Fucking Every Soldier, I mean Army/Air Force Exchange Service), sells only iPods. So I've got a friend back home doing a Zune run for me.

But, yeah, I hate Mac. Its annoying, its disgustingly expensive, and by and large the people who use 'em are pretentious assholes.