Manila Hostage Crisis

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Some of you, but not most of you, may have seen this on the news last night.

My wife and I witnessed this live on the news for a full hour or more.
We have used similar travel services and we can understand to a certain extant this situation.

We all envision being killed on tours, most likely to reckless driving, but not certainly being kidnapped by some fucking disgruntled police officer.

If you have not seen this yet, please do, because it is a fucking clown show.

Clown scene 1:
Disgruntled police officer atually thinks he is getting he job back by kidnapping innocent armless tourist. He murders 9 of them.

Clown scene 2:
Bus driver escapes, screaming "All the tourist have been shot!"
and the police commandos move in, some 10 hours later.

Clown scene 3:
Watch how these clowns break windows with a sledge hammer, cannot get the front door open..........assholes.

Clown scene 4 but includes very very sad scene:
The police using sledge hammer manage to whack one young boy on the bus on his head, causing massive head injuries. This same boys mother lost two of her daughters to this gunman. She herself was to be executed, but her husband throws his body in front of hers.

Clown scene 5:
The prez of the Phillipines shows up the next day and takes advantage of it as a political rally, all smiles and cheers. Fucker

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE67M0DJ20100824

My heart goes out to these people. I have been on tours like this and the only fear is the bus driver and his eradicate behavior.

If I had only been on that bus.....the things I would have done to that fucking gunman.......

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
I agree that the response was unprofessional and sloppy.

But.....

Close quarter combat and interior room hostage rescue is a very .....very difficult task.

Even the military has dedicated teams for this type of work because it is a highly degradable skill set that must be practiced and refined often.

Hostage rescue is best never attempted by a breech technique because it almost always involves non combatant casualties.

I have not seen the video so am unable to give full options for acceptable technique....but breaking windows is an acceptable method of entry because it distracts the shooter and allows gas or flash bangs to be added easily.

I'm sure you would have been just dandy in a 40 foot long metal tunnel plotting your attack stance on a dude with a pistol and full automatic rifle .....yep.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
I agree that the response was unprofessional and sloppy.

But.....

Close quarter combat and interior room hostage rescue is a very .....very difficult task.

Even the military has dedicated teams for this type of work because it is a highly degradable skill set that must be practiced and refined often.

Hostage rescue is best never attempted by a breech technique because it almost always involes non combatant casualties.

I have not seen the video so am unable to give full options for acceptable technique....but breaking windows is an acceptable method of entry because it distracts the shooter and allows gas or flash bangs to be added easily.

I'm sure you would have been just dandy in a 40 foot long metal tunnel plotting your attack stance on a dude with a pistol and full automatic rifel .....yep.
You've got some very serious points no doubt.

I hope you get a chance to check out some of it on vid.
It's boring because they are out there, busting windows for an hour.
American and European Agencies said that it was a very very bad job by the commandos.

Just imagine yourself in that situation. Knowing that you were going to die, you may try to plan something out, even if it means doing a full on rush and getting riddled with bullets.

Funee is right, a hand full of Tiger Balm in the eyes would do his ass some wonder.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
You've got some very serious points no doubt.

I hope you get a chance to check out some of it on vid.
It's boring because they are out there, busting windows for an hour..

I watched the vids.

The Shooter knew what he was doing that's for sure.

Placing the bus in the street like that ensured he was not gonna get bum rushed in ninja mode.

Pulling the curtains closed ensures snipers can not pop his top.

The cops were using 8 or 10 pound sledge hammers and were swinging them OVERHEAD ...<--- fucking no go and requires a lot of strength to do it on tip toe. Plus what was the damn point UNLESS you were gonna flash bang and then ENTER the bus 2 seconds later.

Too many other things to mention .... it was basically a fucking nightmare scenario and there was little chance of a good outcome. Unfortunately the 'little' chance becomes "zero" when left to bumbling keystone types.

I've never done a hostage rescue ... and damn happy about it. BUT ... I do plan for CQC in my own home and always look for the exits when I am out in public. The world is full of people just like that dude ... and sooner or later, maybe you just might cross 'his' path one day. < ---- Well ... this is how I think anyway.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
I watched the vids.

The Shooter knew what he was doing that's for sure.

Placing the bus in the street like that ensured he was not gonna get bum rushed in ninja mode.

Pulling the curtains closed ensures snipers can not pop his top.

The cops were using 8 or 10 pound sledge hammers and were swinging them OVERHEAD ...<--- fucking no go and requires a lot of strength to do it on tip toe. Plus what was the damn point UNLESS you were gonna flash bang and then ENTER the bus 2 seconds later.

Too many other things to mention .... it was basically a fucking nightmare scenario and there was little chance of a good outcome. Unfortunately the 'little' chance becomes "zero" when left to bumbling keystone types.

I've never done a hostage rescue ... and damn happy about it. BUT ... I do plan for CQC in my own home and always look for the exits when I am out in public. The world is full of people just like that dude ... and sooner or later, maybe you just might cross 'his' path one day. < ---- Well ... this is how I think anyway.
Thanks for your input.

Latest news: Although the lone gunman did kill a few of the tourist, most were killed by the cops shooting at the bus.

The gunman had a live feed of events. He had a TV within the bus and when he saw his brother being arrested, live.....he went ape shit.

Manis_B

Dude!
Mar 31, 2008
www.gatoforums.net
sad news.

i think the best situation is to just incapacitate the whole bus and then go in, either by smoke or concussion. but who knows, there probably wasnt a chance you could get 100% of those people out.

do you know why his brother was arrested?

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
sad news.

i think the best situation is to just incapacitate the whole bus and then go in, either by smoke or concussion. but who knows, there probably wasnt a chance you could get 100% of those people out.

Its been tried before and worked .. its also been tried before and was a royal fuckup :

[google]russia, fentanyl[/google]

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
The bother himself was a police officer and they believe he planned this out with the gunman.

I can't explain really, and it does not equate on the same level, but this crisis is something like America's 9/11. People here are really really pissed off.
My wife comes home after work cursing in two languages.