Merry December

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
Ok. So its almost Christmas time.

We've all maxed out our credit cards, and bought presents for people we really just dont like. But to me Christmas is my most favourite time of year.

I like to see the sparkling tinsel and little bells that tinkle. The twinkling lights and happy, sweaty, stressed faces that are trying to get presents for thier kids at the last moment.

And even though i know im going to cook a roast dinner in 90 degree heat for 10 + people, Im going to love it.

Your feelings?

SlimSkeeter

I enjoy giving gifts. I'm always leery about getting gifts, though. I try to either put a lot of thought into what I'm getting someone, or I say fuck it and I end up giving cash or gift cards.

I miss having that sense of joy and wonder I had as a kid, but I kinda recapture that when I get to hand out something that people really want or enjoy.

Recent years have had xmas being about the worst time of year for me, though. Last year I had to put down my dog the day after xmas, and I knew that was coming from the very beginning of the month, but I held hopes that he would get better....I was wrong. This year, so far, things are looking up, generally. I have high hopes, especially since I have NOT maxed out my credit card nor have I really had to face crowds of ID-10-T's at the stores (Amazon is AWESOME)...

Hopefully it will be a merry xmas after all.

SlimSkeeter

Deadly, ever accidentally re-gift to the person who gave it to you to begin with?

Syenite

Flying squirrel vagina
Founder
Oct 23, 2013
Redneckville, Canada.
Deadly, ever accidentally re-gift to the person who gave it to you to begin with?
Not sure. If I have they never told me. Though the gifts I re-gift are those shitty ten dollar bath kits that you buy at Walmart. So if I did I don't feel bad about it.

I give thoughtful gifts to those I deem worthy. The rest are people who get me shit just so they get shit back. In which case; they get a re-gift.

SlimSkeeter

I give thoughtful gifts to those I deem worthy. The rest are people who get me shit just so they get shit back. In which case; they get a re-gift.
^^^ I tend to gift that shit forward and "forget" to get those people something.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
I only buy for the people I love - so I have no regrets or buyers remorse.

Word.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
I have bought nothing and it will likely remain that way... maybe some inexpensive gifts for the kids and the hub..

but I like to give out stuff I make. I don't really think anyone I know needs more crap. And if they do, they can go pick it out. So... cookies, chocolates, stuff I've sewn that they've expressed a want or need for, etc.

I like to give gifts, but buying stuff for other people is always iffy and I hate giving out the generic "I care not about you" bath set or car mag subscription