Microwaving

SittinGrumpy

I do not like microwaves for cooking, that being said...today I burnt a damn potpie in the mircowave.....it was a DUH moment

Cúchulainn

Asshole 7
Apr 11, 2008
I put an egg into a Tupperware container and nuked it for 15 minutes. It exploded about 3 minutes later. It blew the lid off and sprayed egg everywhere.

SlimSkeeter

Lightly crumpled aluminum foil (i.e. crumpled into a loose ball) makes a pretty light show. So did the fork I accidentally left on my plate when reheating a meal.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
pregnant goldfish: its eggs turned into a billion tumors and it swoll up (yes, it lived) all funky looking and then died about a week later.

crickets: for the first few seconds, they didn't seem to care. then they started spazzing and bouncing everywhere til they exploded.

a handtowel: It first stunk, then got brown spots, then caught on fire.

a baby blanket: It smoked, got brown spots, and then caught on fire.

my brother's friend's hand: there was this broke-ass microwave at a friend's house that some pretty big holes in it. So while we were making some ramen, we dared C to put his hand up to one of the holes. He did and held it there for a couple seconds, then yanked his hand away and started laughing/screaming. It apparently hurt.

my hand: Yep. Only I took my hand away as soon as it started to tingle. Afeared.

a chocolate jello pack (with the tin foil lid): The top sparked while the sides melted and collapsed.

a twinky: my brother did a science experiment on twinkies. he microwaved one... it fluffed up and then the whole inside of the microwave turned black and black smoke came billowing out the back - it smelled god awful and everyone ran out of the house without turning off the microwave. So it just continued filling the house with burnt rubber smell and soot. That smell didn't go away for like a week!

marshmallows: they get all fluffed up and gooey - then you can stretch and work them into taffy. you can add other flavors in before microwaving to make it even better. Like chocolate or peanut butter.

slugs: I don't remember what happened. But it was pretty fun. We smooshed them up afterwards and made a tarry substance to paste on hated neighbors' mail

mosquitos: pretty boring. they just flew around til they died.

whole apple: it exploded.

And I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting. :khi3f:

Me and my bros have had some good times with microwaves :D We have personally been responsible for the demise of two as well.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
pregnant goldfish: its eggs turned into a billion tumors and it swoll up (yes, it lived) all funky looking and then died about a week later.

crickets: for the first few seconds, they didn't seem to care. then they started spazzing and bouncing everywhere til they exploded.

slugs: I don't remember what happened. But it was pretty fun. We smooshed them up afterwards and made a tarry substance to paste on hated neighbors' mail

mosquitos: pretty boring. they just flew around til they died.
This sounds like the childhood of a serial killer.

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
My mom put mushrooms in the microwave once.

Microwave + mushrooms + waiting too long = mushrooms on fire (more or less) and a lot of smoke.

We had to buy a new microwave...

Cúchulainn

Asshole 7
Apr 11, 2008
3 minutes after pulling it out of the microwave or three minutes into being nuked?
Three minutes into being nuked. I didn't really set the timer, I just cranked it so it'd stay 'on'. And it blowed up. It blowed up real good.

I was actually specifically trying to blow up an egg.

I was drunk, I was bored, and I was alone in my barracks room. Sue me.

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
I don't own a microwave.
Because I don't fucking need one.

Nor have I ever nuked anything special, because I respect the Nukers powers. If it boils stuff inside out, I let it do so without questioning it.
Fucking weirdos.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
What strange or not so strange things have you put in the microwave?
Strange: I accidentally left on the tinfoil covering some leftovers I was heating up...True story, swear to god.

Not so strange: Microwave meals.

I have no business in this thread.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I tried to hard boil a egg in the microwave once... I put it in a cup of water and then turned it on and wated for results.

It ended up exploding..badly, apparently after the egg fart smell wore off the glass cup i used spontaneously shattered (thank god i didn't open the door to check on it)and there was a piece of it halfway through the microwave door trying to kill me.

I wasn't even TRYING to blow anything up, as a rule I've always been kinda wary of microwaves.
I have one but i don't use it very much and when i do it's if i need to defrost something in a hurry.

Check out how they work, it's fascinatingly scary.
When you microwave stuff the whole process actually changes the food so you are most likely eating a lot of unknown crap every time you eat microwaved food. They still aren't 100% sure of the long term side effects to frequent use. It's kinda hard to with everything else out there that gives you cancer and all kinds of other health problems.

So in short, i don't trust them and the fact that you actually put your hand in one creeps me the fuck out. haha

On a side note: Did you know that microwaving milk for a baby is bad? I think it ends up losing a lot of it's vitamins and what not during the voodoo like heating process so you're better off just boiling a bottle on the stove.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
I tried to hard boil a egg in the microwave once... I put it in a cup of water and then turned it on and wated for results.

It ended up exploding..badly, apparently after the egg fart smell wore off the glass cup i used spontaneously shattered (thank god i didn't open the door to check on it)and there was a piece of it halfway through the microwave door trying to kill me.
Hahaha!!

blood said:
Check out how they work, it's fascinatingly scary.
When you microwave stuff the whole process actually changes the food so you are most likely eating a lot of unknown crap every time you eat microwaved food. They still aren't 100% sure of the long term side effects to frequent use. It's kinda hard to with everything else out there that gives you cancer and all kinds of other health problems.
I have a little bit... I should read more on it - if it's slightly morbid... I'll end up on a microwave reading kick =(

blood said:
So in short, i don't trust them and the fact that you actually put your hand in one creeps me the fuck out. haha
I do strange things...

blood said:
On a side note: Did you know that microwaving milk for a baby is bad? I think it ends up losing a lot of it's vitamins and what not during the voodoo like heating process so you're better off just boiling a bottle on the stove.
Yes, indeed, I did! I have never microwaved breastmilk and only microwaved formula when I babysat for awhile - the mom specifically asked that it be microwaved and not heated in hot water... whatever.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hahaha!!

I have a little bit... I should read more on it - if it's slightly morbid... I'll end up on a microwave reading kick =(

I do strange things...

Yes, indeed, I did! I have never microwaved breastmilk and only microwaved formula when I babysat for awhile - the mom specifically asked that it be microwaved and not heated in hot water... whatever.

Oh you'd love it, i guess it actually IS harmful for you but it's just so damned convenient that nobody cares.

So go on, read up on it and then let me know how you feel about microwaving your hand. haha

Crazy hooker. :rolleyes: