Motivate Me.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
I am a procrastinator. I don’t know why but I just cannot seem to help it. I put everything off from paying bills to doing yard work until it gets down to the wire. As soon as I know it has to be done, I do it and then wonder why I waited (except for taxes which are a whole other story). I have only gotten like this in the last couple of years (since my separation) and cannot seem to break this bad habit. I have written list and created calendars but still it does not help.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
One of the issues I am facing right now is getting back to the gym. Today, I went for the first time in weeks. I kept putting off going because I needed to change my banking information but kept forgetting the information to do so at home. I also kept telling myself it was because things were too hectic during the holidays at work to get out at lunch. Truthfully, I was simply procrastinating. It took ten minutes to change my account today and then I went at it. It was great to be back and I will return tomorrow. Going to the gym is fun and good for me. I am going to make myself go Monday through Friday again.
Another issue is simply paying my bills. I wait until the last day I have to avoid being charged late fees to pay them. Now mind you, to avoid the late penalties I have to call the payments in. Most of my accounts charge to accept payments by phone. I would save $50 bucks a month if I would just pay by check or online. I am going to set up all my bills to be paid online this weekend. Unless of course, I put it off.
I’m going to update this thread on my progress. If you have any of the same issues, you should do the same. I am asking for ya’ll to rag my ass and I will do the same if anyone needs me to do so. I need motivation.<o:p></o:p>

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
I wait until the last minute to pay my bills on purpose. Although stupidly small, why should they gain interest off of my money when I could be gaining interest on it?

As far as the gym goes, why bother? You're fat, get used to it. That eliminates the whole "procrastination" issue if it isn't even something you should be concerning yourself with.

Hope this little chat helped. I'm going to go and beat on some helpless cripples.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
I wait until the last minute to pay my bills on purpose. Although stupidly small, why should they gain interest off of my money when I could be gaining interest on it?
Never thought of that, but if I am paying them to accept my payment then who is really making out?

As far as the gym goes, why bother? You're fat, get used to it. That eliminates the whole "procrastination" issue if it isn't even something you should be concerning yourself with.
No.

Hope this little chat helped. I'm going to go and beat on some helpless cripples.
Chatting with you is always a pleasure.

Titty

Proud White Boy
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Where the sun doesn't shine
I pay nearly all my bills online. It saves postage, is much quicker than writing out checks, and can be done weeks in advance because the funds aren't drawn until 24-48 hrs before the payment is due.

I've also noticed I tend to procrastinate more so now than ever before. I'll get around to doing something about it sooner or later.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
I've also noticed I tend to procrastinate more so now than ever before. I'll get around to doing something about it sooner or later.
I know what you mean, ask me Monday if I got around to setting up the bills online over the weekend, haha.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
I went to the gym again today. With it being Saturday, I had a hard time motivating myself. Now, of course, I am glad I went because I will not be able to Sunday or Monday.

Yay me!

SittinGrumpy

Well he said it was only 3 inches...you would think it wouldnt be pin like too.....althought this would explains his pissiness!