Mr. D's Neighbourhood Cruise Thread

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Inspired by KommieCat. Enjoy!

Before I take you to the city, lets have a look at what is in the other direction!

Masterchef Kitchen, some 50m from my apartment, where Masterchef Australia is filmed:

The front of one of our showrooms at work (all shut up for Boxing Day):

The laneway at my work (all shut up for Boxing Day):

Back onto Botany Rd! This road leads basically from Botany Bay all the way through the city and into The Rocks. Let's begin the journey!

My favourite drinking hole. Why? Lingerie waitresses! BOOYAH!
Rosebery Hotel:

A typical site - an Indian dressed as Santa trying to promote Christmas Warehouses:

Where the City slums are, mostly filled with aboriginals.
Redfern:

End Part 1

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Through Redern and down past Central Train/Bus Terminals:

Three Wise Monkeys - another fine establishment:

The Queen Victoria Building:

The Apple Store - for all you iPhone haters:

Down the end of George St and into The Rocks. Here is The Orient Hotel (with The Lowenbrau and The Argyle behind it):

Down through the Rocks and under the Harbour Bridge:

With the Opera House behind you:

End Part 2

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
More to come at a later date: Bondi Beach, Coogee, Botany Bay/Airport, Cronulla, Royal National Park.

[video=youtube;QE6OB_vAuE0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE6OB_vAuE0[/video]

Quick video of the backstreets heading back home via the building the Army destroyed the other week!

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Does Aussiland have extra gravity? I mean how to you guys stick to the ground being on the other side of the world and essentially UPSIDE down like that ... sure is crazy !

Toao

Family
Nov 19, 2010
That was incredibly awesome. Thanks.

The gravity comment was funny, but what would really be funny, is if you could get all the american guys over there, and then with no warm up or practice, get a video of them trying to parallel park.

BTW, is Airbourne popular there, or is it just something being sold to us here, by claiming it's popular there?

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
That was incredibly awesome. Thanks.

The gravity comment was funny, but what would really be funny, is if you could get all the american guys over there, and then with no warm up or practice, get a video of them trying to parallel park.

BTW, is Airbourne popular there, or is it just something being sold to us here, by claiming it's popular there?
No idea what Airbourne is!

Just did a quick Google search and it is either an ultralight aircraft or a rock band from Bumfuck, Victoria. Either way, neither of them are big down here!

Freewilly

Family
Sep 16, 2010
Australia
Great pics :) I'm on the other side of the ass end lol, and yep never heard of airborne either, except when a stack happens right before face plant.