MSN messenger question

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I recently logged in to my MSN messenger only to find at least five of my contacts had been receiving spam from me every time i logged out.

Has anyone heard of this before? I'm sure its a virus of some sort but I'm hesitant to use the special "msn messenger virus remover tools' that i've found online seeing as they are more than likely another virus. (everyone that tried them said it didn't work, so i can only assume they were viruses)

Anyhoo, i was wondering how i should remove it without fucking everything up any worse than it already is. Can i just uninstall MSN and reinstall it again and see what that does?

Sorry, i know i sound like a total noob, but i haven't really had to deal with any kind of computer aids in a while. Well ever since i got my new computer anyway...
So yeah...any help would be appreciated!

*edit* Here is a picture of wonder woman with aids (Its what came up when i searched for MSN AIDS) for those of you that can't help, but would still like to be mildly entertained by pictures.

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
Quote the spam message, that way we can find out which strain of computer aids it is!

Oh, and add me on msn, foo.

Pink

;)
May 22, 2009
Ontario
redneckcanuck.com
I have had this happen to me. You need to completely remove msn, including all the system files and folders.
Do a search on your cpu for messenger folder and files and remove all of them for your pc. If you use msn live you have to remove all of them as well.
And then reinstall msn. If it doesn't fix it you have not found all the files.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
I recently logged in to my MSN messenger only to find at least five of my contacts had been receiving spam from me every time i logged out.
Has anyone heard of this before?
There are several MSN Live Messenger virus's going around.
Does the spam your contacts get from you mention a pic?
Can you post what the spam says that your contacts are getting as this is crucial in pinpointing which virus you have.
Someone else here mentioned a similar problem with Yahoo Messenger recently too.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
Hi Blood. I got the same message from you... something about acai berry diet. I thought you'd got a job in multi-level marketing!

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Damn, i had forgotten that i even had mamba on my msn...shows how often i log on to it. hehe
But yeah, i heard that my messenger sends both the acai berry crap and the one with a link to some picture that i want them to check out.

I've tried doing what pink said, but i guess i didn't do it right because it totally didn't work. =/