My Avatar

SlimSkeeter

<~~~~~ That thing.

Some of you may have seen her before, some probably haven't.

The question I pose to you: is she spinning to the left or to the right? And can you make that change?

SlimSkeeter

Questions:

What is the importance of this thread and your questions?

What is the point at all?
How about: "go with it for once"?

Absinthe pointed out the article I was going to unveil shortly, or at least a similar one. Suggested reading for the day.

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
I can make it switch "at will" although it takes a bit initially... After the first two or three switches, it becomes a lot easier.
Same, at first I was thinking "she's going clockwise, dumbass!". I can make her change direction at will... I have to look slightly away when her legs cross.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
whether I want her to or not, she switches directions constantly. Distracting. I demand you change it immediately.

Titty

Proud White Boy
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Where the sun doesn't shine
I've looked at the fucking thing about 20 times before today. It always went clockwise. Now it's switching directions.

I'm concerned I've damaged my brain over the weekend.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
Haha. I looked at that before, thinking it was kinda groovy/pretty. Now it's awesome! In the beginning, I was like - whatchu talking about, it's going clockwise OBVIOUSLY - but I can now make it switch by moving my head from left to right with a brusque movement.

TopGrey

Family
Founder
Jul 30, 2008
NC mountains
Yes, I have seen it before. And she is spinning clockwise (that's what I see). I was never able to change the direction.

http://www.theness.com/neurologicablog/?p=27
I got her to spin both directions using the text included in your link, Absinthe. It said to focus on something other than the figure. I put my hand up and covered the spinning woman and focused on the shadow at the bottom. Within 10 seconds my perception switched and, taking my hand away, the figure was now spinning counter-clockwise (I originally saw clock-wise.) Pretty cool avatar, Slim.

SlimSkeeter

Jesus....I just got an interesting sensation. I was looking at my visitor messages, and responded to one. My avatar was there in miniature, so I saw two versions of her on my screen at once....and they were both spinning differently.

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
Jesus....I just got an interesting sensation. I was looking at my visitor messages, and responded to one. My avatar was there in miniature, so I saw two versions of her on my screen at once....and they were both spinning differently.

Experiment time :cool:

edit: experiment findings: they always spin the same way as each other.

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
Lol ^ my thoughts exactly. I need to leave this thread immediately.

SlimSkeeter

VERY briefly I can get two to spin one way and two to spin the other....but that only lasts as long as it takes me to notice...

Fuck me, my eyes hurt...

SlimSkeeter

The lightning picture is not a head-fuck. *disappointed*
Yeah...after that quad grouping up there she started giving me a headache.... BUT, if you are so inclined, you could probably find another for me to wear...