My brain is on crack .. Part 2!!

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
I'm a hyper vigilant type, I notice things that folks take for granted, mundane things like a some dude with one shoe lace longer than the other and major stuff like being able to tell if a person is not 'right' for the crowd he is in.

When I leave my home in the morning I take a mental survey of the area and when I return in the evening I compare note with myself... hell I can usually even tell if there are 'extra' leaves in places or if the wind has moved an item out of place.

This is how I am, it makes up who I call ME.

So yesterday I come home ... I stop at the entrance to my drive, I always back in ... the drive is about 200 feet long.

I stop at this place so that I can see my entire yard and my house because there are always signs that a person was there unless they have special training to conceal said trespass.

I back down my drive the entire distance, I get out and walk through the back gate, the dogs greet me in the usual fashion.

And then ... the poontang comes out of the house.

She said I had a look on my face as if Aliens from planet Booblia just landed and wanted me for their king.

This issue is ... her jeep was in the drive and until the second she walked out it was completely invisible to me ... no bullshit ..it came into focus as it it were de-cloaking like a Klingon battle cruiser. It did not pop into view but actually dissolved back into existence.

I backed up and parked less than 3 feet from it and even looked down the front walkway to the front door ... the Jeep was parked in front of the walkway and I swear that visually I could see the ENTIRE walkway and NO Jeep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was taken aback at this ... to miss an entire vehicle sitting the driveway is equivalent to kicking me in the nads with steel toed boots.... I does not like it Sam I am.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Nope.

The field of view @ 200 feet.... no jeep.

The field of view @ 3 feet ... no jeep.

Multiple angles ... No jeep.

Psychologically the Jeep simply was not there until the Poontang walked out.

SlimSkeeter

Nope.

The field of view @ 200 feet.... no jeep.

The field of view @ 3 feet ... no jeep.

Multiple angles ... No jeep.

Psychologically the Jeep simply was not there until the Poontang walked out.
Were you expecting her to not be home?

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Were you expecting her to not be home?

Yes, I was expecting her to be at work.

I expect SOMEONE to be where they are not supposed to be all the time .. that's why I consider myself hyper vigilant and NOT paranoid......

I understand what you are getting at but my expectation of her being at work does not explain an invisible 5' w 8' l 5' H 4000 pound jeep.

SlimSkeeter

Yes, I was expecting her to be at work.

I expect SOMEONE to be where they are not supposed to be all the time .. that's why I consider myself hyper vigilant and NOT paranoid......

I understand what you are getting at but my expectation of her being at work does not explain an invisible 5' w 8' l 5' H 4000 pound jeep.

People see what they expect to see. Its purely psychological. You were expecting to see an empty driveway, so you saw an empty driveway. It happens to everybody now and again.

Of course it could be old age.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
During the peak of my divorce experience, which was the time of intense frustration, hate and anger, my mind so focused on what was going on in the so-called marriage, I could not even focus on people talking directly to me, face to face.

My mind was so focused elsewhere, these people were like ghost to me.
So, the mind is indeed a powerful thing.
I was under great stress at the time.

How about you.
Enraged about something?
Want to kill somebody?
Massively stressed out?

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Yeah... the jeep is magical... It can do that and many other things. I will rent it out to Santa for Christmas... HO HO HO.

I wish I would have taken a picture of your face. It was priceless. I am still laughing...

SlimSkeeter

Yeah... the jeep is magical... It can do that and many other things. I will rent it out to Santa for Christmas... HO HO HO.

I wish I would have taken a picture of your face. It was priceless. I am still laughing...
What model jeep did you get? I must have one with the optional cloaking device, KillSat command codes, and laser guided missiles.

Also, yes we all wish you had taken a picture....and posted it....several times.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
Maybe.. you were so focused looking for things that did not belong, the norm just escaped your notice.

The jeep is a normal fixture in your life and was where it belonged therefore you did not notice it.

Kill_em_All

Family
Founder
Jul 29, 2008
You're old. Period.

Look at the bright side; You missed a Jeep. It could have been a fucking Islamic Jihadist with a grudge and a shoulder-mount RPG aimed at your face that you missed.

Silver lining, man. Silver lining.