My new phone

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
So Germany usually has issues with understanding "want it now". For instance, it took a month and a half from the time I ordered it to get the internet connected/working in the house. A lot of people it takes longer, for some reason. Not the case, this time.

After 18 months, Telekom mobile phone contracts allow you to get a new phone. The best part? Every phone you get in Germany is NOT carrier/SIM locked. It's as if you ordered the phone and paid full price online, etc. Yesterday afternoon, I went into the Telekom office to order a new phone (instead of playing the phone game, including trying to find someone that spreche zie Englisch). Ever since I saw the new Sony-Ericsson Xperia Play pre-release information, I've wanted it... so, since I was about a week past the 18 months into my contract, I told them I wanted to order it. The question? "White or black?" Then, I asked how long it'd take to get it... a few days.

Great, except it actually came this afternoon in the mail.

Of course, I was out helping a friend work on his car. My wife calls... "You got a package." "Okay, I'll go pick it up at the post office." "No, it came in the German mail." "OH ITS MY PHONE OHMYGODSWEET!!!111" "Can I open it?" "FUCK no, I'm opening it, just leave it alone."

Yeah... so I eventually got home and opened it, and practically wet-starched my pants. Anyway, with the few hours I've had to fiddle with it so far, I've practically drained the little bit of battery it comes charged with playing with it, unlocked the bootloader, gained root access, and disabled the faggish snapshot sound of the camera.

A last note:

Fuck iPhones, iPods, iPads, and all that other stupid Macinshit.

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
So Germany usually has issues with understanding "want it now".
I am offended... :1:

Sony-Ericsson Xperia Play
Welcome to the world of Android!!!

Every phone you get in Germany is NOT carrier/SIM locked.
Yes, yes and yes. That's something that annoys me in the US.
Another thing is that in Germany you are not getting charged when someone calls YOU.

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
I am offended... :1:
I forgot to mention, Germans get offended about stupid shit. ;)

Welcome to the world of Android!!!
Thanks, but my previous phone was a G1 (HTC Dream), with Cyanogenmod installed on it. I've been lovin' Android for a good while!

Another thing is that in Germany you are not getting charged when someone calls YOU.
Yeah, my last mobile carrier service in the US didn't charge/use minutes for incoming calls, either, but the norm in the US is minutes are minutes, incoming or outgoing.

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
I've got this as well. Problem is, my calendar does not work nor does bluetooth.

The HTC vanilla package was not all that bad, but cyanogenmod is FAST.
You must have an unsupported phone then. My calender and Bluetooth work(ed) great.

Unregistered

Kommiekat says: I have HTC Desire. Cyan Forums have many threads about Bluetooth not working since people have
rooted their phones with his system. That includes many makes and models.

Hopefully his next upgrade will have fixed the problem...
I've also tried Bluetooth File Transfer app, still no go.