My take on:The Olympics and the Torch run

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Olympic fever is picking up here as we are the holders of the Equestrian events (about 2 trains stops away) and though I do feel for some of these demonstrators and their plight, especially the Tibetan situation, their behavior is nothing more than a farce.

How does one expect to get results from dousing the Eternal flame when it will be immediately re-light? Those people who have a once in a life time chance to carry it in pride deserved this one chance and it take only one buffoon to screw it up. Can you imagine how your chest would swell in size if it were you carrying it?

They will be out here in about a weeks time and I hope to get a glimpse of it, but good luck to that! There are so many security guards around it, you have no idea it's even there.
Hell, this flame has more security than Reagan did after his first assassination attempt.

Another thing is this noble idea of keeping politics out of it.
You just cannot do it. Even the games 3000 year history had involved some politics. Athens vs Sparta. Other city states vs neighboring city states.

Case in point: China. How in the hell can China NOT expect people to make political comments when they are hosting the games?
You can bet your ass people are going to take a peek and see what the hell is going on internally.

Personally, I think China bit off more than it can chew on this. I just don't think they are ready, politically nor mature enouth on the world stage to handle it. Sure, then can mow down 800 year old neighborhoods that were a great part of their cities Architectural heritage to put in an elaborate pool or stadium (quite well done actually), but with their track record of human rights, best they wait a few more years.

What's your take?

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
My take is.... the Olympic Commitee in all their wisdom made a huge mistake in granting the games to China.

Everybody knows this now, but it's too late to pull out. Politics have already taken over. That happened with immediate effect.

Let's face it, China is (statistically) likely to be the largest economy in the world in twenty years. A fucking superpower in the money market, and nobody wants to piss them off.

In summation: China has the upper hand. The slanty eyed fuckers. Yeah. I said it.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
You said it and now shut the fuck up about it. Hijacking is a no-no in this thread and you just dished up a racist bigoted comment that CAN go off topic.
Says so up above.

I wonder if you would have the guts to say it in front of my wife.

She made on ON TOPIC comment.

Your comment is the one that will open this to an OFF topic retard fest.

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
I haven't ever been to the Olympics live before... however, I'd like to go someday.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
She made on ON TOPIC comment.

Your comment is the one that will open this to an OFF topic retard fest.
Bigoted remarks are not on topic, so fuck off.
My remarks were meant for her to take it elsewhere with her own thread.

So fucking typical of you to accept that kind of bullshit.
I don't care you who think you are, there is no justification for bigotry like this
--->"The slanty eyed fuckers".

She was WAY THE FUCK off mark and had nothing to do with the thread topic.
Does not matter how and what you say after this post.
You suck.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
You're still off topic. Fuck you people.
You should make a new thread for debating off-topic replies. This is just too far off topic, if ya know what I mean.

As for fucking? No thanks. You may not suck my belly button. Ever. By the way, bringing up sex in an Olympics thread doesn't really make sense. It's sort of off topic.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
You should make a new thread for debating off-topic replies. This is just too far off topic, if ya know what I mean.

As for fucking? No thanks. You may not suck my belly button. Ever. By the way, bringing up sex in an Olympics thread doesn't really make sense. It's sort of off topic.
You're off topic and you know it.

Sure would be nice for the staff to step in and do something about it.

Congradulations. This thread is now yours. Do as you please with it.
I have nothing more to do with it.

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
You're off topic and you know it.

Sure would be nice for the staff to step in and do something about it.

Congradulations. This thread is now yours. Do as you please with it.
I have nothing more to do with it.

No offense Buddha, but you are kinda crying like a bitch.
Step of the meds and relax, man.

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
Personally, I'm apalled at what I've been witnessing on the news.

I've seen terrorists cut off people's heads before, and yet somehow protestors fucking with the olympic torch seems worse to me. I know it's disproportionate, but I guess deep down, I harbor a resounding respect and admiration for the spirit behind the olympic games. And it seriously saddens me to see a bunch of fucking jerk offs using any opportunity to get their message out there about their pet issues.

I might have given a fuck about Tibet before this..now I hope the Chinese turn the whole lot of them into slave labour, just for principal's sake.

And I'm sure my initial anger will subside on this, but I gotta tell ya...The whole mess just further reinforces my ever growing beleif that humans in general are fucking scum-sucking dick-holes with DELUSIONS about being something greater, or nicer.

The whole notion behind the Olympics is founded on horseshit, it woud seem. We might as well scrap the fucking Olympics, drop the thinly veiled bullshit and just go back to bickering with one another over every little crumb like the vermin we are. I don't see a fucking scrap of 'good will' in these events large enough to rub between your thumb and forefinger, let alone enough to warrant giving ourselves warm fuzzies.

This is why I typically don't watch the news in the first place. I already know everything the news is going to tell me: People fucking suck. People have always sucked, and while they pretend to suck less now?....In reality we're just as sucky today as we were when we were banging rocks together. <-- there...I just saved you from having to watch the news for the rest of your life as well. You can thank me later when you realize how much free time I just loosed up for you.

Now, as for the dumb bullshit about being offtopic...fucking talking about it in this thread is more off topic than anything that's been questionable...so knock it the fuck off already...jesus. Bunch of 8 year olds.

LOOK!... a Thread! About what should be considered OFF TOPIC!
v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v

http://swollencranium.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5290#post5290

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
This sounds stupid, therefore, you are stupid.

No offense Buddha, but you are kinda crying like a bitch.
Step of the meds and relax, man.
You're so right. I was being a bitch.
Creating a thread that you feel is a way of contributing to the board, with a recent topic, to make things interesting enough for others to participate in, using some common sense, though not necessarily respect for the creator of the thread, but a short time of tolerance, just enough to reply in a mature fashion.

Personally, I'm apalled at what I've been witnessing on the news.

I've seen terrorists cut off people's heads before, and yet somehow protestors fucking with the olympic torch seems worse to me. I know it's disproportionate, but I guess deep down, I harbor a resounding respect and admiration for the spirit behind the olympic games. And it seriously saddens me to see a bunch of fucking jerk offs using any opportunity to get their message out there about their pet issues.

I might have given a fuck about Tibet before this..now I hope the Chinese turn the whole lot of them into slave labour, just for principal's sake.

And I'm sure my initial anger will subside on this, but I gotta tell ya...The whole mess just further reinforces my ever growing beleif that humans in general are fucking scum-sucking dick-holes with DELUSIONS about being something greater, or nicer.

The whole notion behind the Olympics is founded on horseshit, it woud seem. We might as well scrap the fucking Olympics, drop the thinly veiled bullshit and just go back to bickering with one another over every little crumb like the vermin we are. I don't see a fucking scrap of 'good will' in these events large enough to rub between your thumb and forefinger, let alone enough to warrant giving ourselves warm fuzzies.

This is why I typically don't watch the news in the first place. I already know everything the news is going to tell me: People fucking suck. People have always sucked, and while they pretend to suck less now?....In reality we're just as sucky today as we were when we were banging rocks together. <-- there...I just saved you from having to watch the news for the rest of your life as well. You can thank me later when you realize how much free time I just loosed up for you.
Yes, the news is depressing and you may recall some time long ago at Warpedfun.com I mentioned that I DO NOT watch nor read newspapers.
This fact about my life was a bit too hard for Shade to accept and believe and constantly gave me shit about, or at least as 2 weeks worth of shit.
I believe you now understand this.

Anyways, this performance by the demonstrators is pathetic. They can hang up all the signs on all the windows they want, but to actually disturb the torch run itself is completely uncalled for.

I shall be on the side lines cheering those folks on come the end of April.
Once in a life time for me.

And thanks for staying on topic.

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
You said it and now shut the fuck up about it. Hijacking is a no-no in this thread and you just dished up a racist bigoted comment that CAN go off topic.
Says so up above.

I wonder if you would have the guts to say it in front of my wife.
Oh, you are so fucking self righteous aren't you Buddha? No wonder so many members of so many forums think you're a tosspot.

I said it, yes. And I see you quoted only that part of my post... what the fuck is that about?

FYI, I was referring to the governing bodies in China, and all they represent and hold precious in their own self-righteousness... obviously you've lived there too long. It's getting to you.

And as for whether or not I might make the same comment to your wife, that would depend on her take on the powers that be in China... are the majority of the population happy with their worldwide reputation as a submissive nation? Are they really that stupid? I would hope not.

And, I stand by the fact that my post was NOT off-topic.

Now kiss my peachy little arse.

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
Oh, and thanks Buddha! I just saw the negative kudos you left me....

"You're a fucking idiot. Thanks for fucking up the thread, asshole." ~ By Buddha.

You fucked up your own thread. You are such a fucking girl.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
FYI, I was referring to the governing bodies in China, and all they represent and hold precious in their own self-righteousness... obviously you've lived there too long. It's getting to you.
You said nothing of the sort. You made one of your baseless Asian bigoted remarks that you are known to do.
Why the fuck NOW do you elaborate on it? Too late.
You fucked up the thread. That's MY opinion.

4nik8

Herban Legend
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
Hick-ville
My take on the Olympics being held in China is that I really don't give a rats ass.

Not only where they're being held but that fact that they ARE being held is something that just doesn't hold my interest..

The fact that buddha has hi jacked his own thread, however does tickle me.

Never before have I seen someone who tries to think of them self as at least somewhat intelligent come off so clueless.

More than that even. So blinded by rage at the mere mention of a negative remark made towards gooks, he lost his cool and totally destroyed the thread in the process.

Watching him implode did raise the interest level of this thread though.

On a side note, why and how much longer the ADMIN will tolerate your idiocy, immaturity, and total lack of respect towards him and this site is something that I am looking forward to seeing.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
My take on the Olympics and the Torch Run are the same as the Chinese Government's;
The Chinese government is a wee bit upset over the protests of the Olympic Torch relay in London, Paris and soon to be San Francisco. They want to put a stop to the bad publicity immediately.

Chinese Olympic Committee spokesperson XiXi (aka Pot Sticker) says "We are tired of these people trying to put out our flame. We are a kind nation, a compassionate nation but the limits to our patience have been reached. We are going to set a Tibetan Monk afire and be done with it. I would like to see the protesters put that one out quickly. We are doing the monk a favor because he will be immediately going on to one of his next lives while we will be going on to our next round of profits. It's a win win situation for all. Let the games begin!"