New way to find music you like

Shade

I fucking rule!
Mar 20, 2008
Nowhere
So my friend pointed me to this. It's called pandora

http://www.pandora.com/ <-- there is the link! YAY! linky goodness

So there is this thing called the human Genome project. It takes samples of personalitys and it can figure out stuff you like. This is the Music Genome project. It's really fucking awesomeness. Here is kinda how it works.

You pick a band, or song, it finds something with the elements of that song, and plays it. You choose if you like it or not. It stores the answers in a database. then it calculates the next song based on the information and an algarythm. Each one of these is a station. You can have a bunch.

Then you can make a big station that has a bunch of differnt types of music, and it will process that and then its really weird. After a while, there hasn't been something that i didnt like. Not like radio tunes where you ignore it, but stuff i really liked. What weirder is that in the mix it picked stuff from all types of genre's.

Anyways, it's really sweet. So if you want to find something new to listen to, or try to find more genre's of music you might like, defently check this out.

Hardwood

Apr 25, 2008
I have been using that for years. It is awesome. They will email you with new stuff too.

badutahboy

Dude!
May 20, 2008
Pandora pisses me off because their service doesn't work on mobile web browsers, so I can't stream it to my phone.

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S.

Blah blah blah

Well, fuck you too Pandora.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Yay! Finally, an explanation of how this thing works! I have an account, but never use it because the whole setup just didn't make sense to me :(