Observing the unusual

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Have anything unusual or could be usual but not noticed, that you have noticed?
I think you get it.....

Today I was making my way to the train station and noticed, as I have many times, the girl walking in front of me still had the price tag on the bottoms of her shoes. I've seen this many times.

So, what's your example?

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
There is a girl at work who keeps the tags on her clothes. You can see one hanging out every now and then. I believe she is wearing them and then returning them. Who knows?

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I've noticed that most people don't know how to eat in public.
Most if not all chew with their mouth open and don't even bother with napkins.

It's why i HATE eating in public...
It makes me cringe when i gotta sit there listening to their teeth scrape against their forks and smack their lips and spit food as they try to talk around it..its disgusting.

They wasn't raised right yo! haha

SlimSkeeter

The only thing that springs to mind is when I happen to catch the tail end of a conversation someone is having. I think Lewis Black did something on this where his example was overhearing someone say something like "If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

SlimSkeeter

Wine

Have you noticed the difference in taste when drinking from a glass as compared to paper or plastic?
Indeed. It loses something in paper of plastic...or maybe it gains the flavor of either one. In any case, I'm not a fan.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
A dog would rather shit in the house than to use the outdoor facilities. You can walk the little fucker for 30 minutes and nada. Bring him in the house and two minutes later, a big 'ole pile for me to clean up. It never fails.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
A dog would rather shit in the house than to use the outdoor facilities. You can walk the little fucker for 30 minutes and nada. Bring him in the house and two minutes later, a big 'ole pile for me to clean up. It never fails.
He's probably uncomfortable. You don't like an audience when you're layin a log... why would he?

Are you taking him for a walk in secluded areas where he would feel like he could hide? If not, and you're just draggin him around the neighborhood on the sidewalks and shit, then you're causing your own problems.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
He's probably uncomfortable. You don't like an audience when you're layin a log... why would he?

Are you taking him for a walk in secluded areas where he would feel like he could hide? If not, and you're just draggin him around the neighborhood on the sidewalks and shit, then you're causing your own problems.
I got a SHY dog? Damn.

Assinhat

Quivering Member
Founder
Mar 21, 2008
Fucking cold.
a friend of mine had wicked deja vu last week.
He said he thought 3 or 4 different things happened twice.
The same day I was making a spinach aoli at work, I needed two egg yolks but only had one egg.
The egg had two yolks in it.
creeped my shit out.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
When someone is in a pretty unpleasant situation and there are people around to help, they expect it and allow themselves to feel all dejected, entitled, and cynical about society as a whole and its current direction if they don't get it...

But when they SEE someone ELSE in a pretty unpleasant situation, they walk on by and think to themselves "that's not my problem."

Example: I was at the grocery, just before closing and was running back to the meats for something when I saw a strangely bulky looking woman out of the corner of my eye. Several people had passed her, and I started to put her out of my mind when I stopped, turned, and actually took a good look at her.

She had a 2 year old girl on her back (who she was keeping in place with her coat) who had a badly gashed nose and looked pretty tired and miserable... she was also trying to carry three very large boxes. I ran over and asked if she wanted help. She gasped "YES PLEASE!". I helped her out and almost didn't make it back in time with the meats... but who cares? Why didn't anyone else offer to help her?

People are so selfish, it's insane.

I hate people... and feel completely justified, tyvm.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
I've noticed that when I am going through emotionally trying times that people tend to hang around getting off on my misery. They want details so that they can spout out words of false encouragment while all the while collecting new information to gossip about. People enjoy seeing others going through hell.

In real life, I tend to keep my personal stuff to myself.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
I've noticed that when I am going through emotionally trying times that people tend to hang around getting off on my misery. They want details so that they can spout out words of false encouragment while all the while collecting new information to gossip about. People enjoy seeing others going through hell.

In real life, I tend to keep my personal stuff to myself.
Indeed. It's why we giggle maniacally, watching our beloved reality TV shows.