Okla. Woman Shoots, Kills Intruder

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
A young Oklahoma mother shot and killed an intruder to protect her 3-month-old baby on New Year's Eve, less than a week after the baby's father died of cancer.

Sarah McKinley says that a week earlier a man named Justin Martin dropped by on the day of her husband's funeral, claiming that he was a neighbor who wanted to say hello. The 18-year-old Oklahoma City area woman did not let him into her home that day.

On New Year's Eve Martin returned with another man, Dustin Stewart, and this time was armed with a 12-inch hunting knife. The two soon began trying to break into McKinley's home.

As one of the men was going from door to door outside her home trying to gain entry, McKinley called 911 and grabbed her 12-gauge shotgun.
McKinley told ABC News Oklahoma City affiliate KOCO that she quickly got her 12 gauge, went into her bedroom and got a pistol, put the bottle in the baby's mouth and called 911.

"I've got two guns in my hand -- is it okay to shoot him if he comes in this door?" the young mother asked the 911 dispatcher. "I'm here by myself with my infant baby, can I please get a dispatcher out here immediately?"

The 911 dispatcher confirmed with McKinley that the doors to her home were locked as she asked again if it was okay to shoot the intruder if he were to come through her door.

"I can't tell you that you can do that but you do what you have to do to protect your baby," the dispatcher told her. McKinley was on the phone with 911 for a total of 21 minutes.

When Martin kicked in the door and came after her with the knife, the teen mom shot and killed the 24-year-old. Police are calling the shooting justified.

"You're allowed to shoot an unauthorized person that is in your home. The law provides you the remedy, and sanctions the use of deadly force," Det. Dan Huff of the Blanchard police said.

Stewart soon turned himself in to police.

McKinley said that she was at home alone with her newborn that night because her husband just died of cancer on Christmas Day.
"I wouldn't have done it, but it was my son," McKinley told ABC News Oklahoma City affiliate KOCO. "It's not an easy decision to make, but it was either going to be him or my son. And it wasn't going to be my son. There's nothing more dangerous than a woman with a child."

Aside from the fact that she's probably dumb as a hammer, and a State supported breeder she still did the world a favor of killing a dirtbag.

Unfortunately .. she was pregnant @ ~16 with trailer park white trash baby #1. Most likely she will pop out 4 or 5 more by her 40th (uneducated, unskilled) bday.

And most likely a few of her little bastards will have a life long connection with law enforcement.

Poor + uneducated + white trash teen mom + shitty living conditions = deck stacked against kids.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
McKinley told ABC News Oklahoma City affiliate KOCO. "It's not an easy decision to make, but it was either going to be him or my son. And it wasn't going to be my son. There's nothing more dangerous than a woman with a child."
I disagree.

There is nothing more dangerous than breeders that think that having a vagina is the only license needed to pop out kids.

Fancypants

Yaa!
Founder
Oct 31, 2013
"It's not an easy decision to make, but it was either going to be him or my son.
We'll never truly know the outcome had she not shot him, but I strongly disagree with this statement. Most likely these men just saw a girl home alone and decided she was easy pickings for a burglary, with no intention of any violence, especially towards a baby. With that being said, I have very little sympathy for criminals and I think he had it coming, I just think it's wrong to assume they were busting in to kill her baby.

Zeabot

Californium
Founder
Oct 25, 2013
Cranium, you sourpuss. How do you pull out a statement about white trash baby makers from this story?

Anyhoo, I think it is great she shot the fuck. There is far too much coddling going on in this country right now -- so much so it extends to criminals. You want to show up to my home with a knife? Great, I have a gun and now you are dead.

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Sarah McKinley says that a week earlier a man named Justin Martin dropped by on the day of her husband's funeral, claiming that he was a neighbor who wanted to say hello.
That's why you should know your neighbors. But who really does this these days?

On New Year's Eve Martin returned with another man,
So the first visit was just to have a look around, I guess. They probably read the obituaries in the local newspaper and thought this is a smart way to find places they can break into.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
So the first visit was just to have a look around, I guess.
Yes.

And that is why one never allows an unknown in to their home, INCLUDING a police officer or any other authority figure that is not on official business.

Plus .. having a home with no foyer is retarded. ( and even a type of Sally Port if you can design it in to your driveway )

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Still, the majority of houses in the US are designed like that...
You and I have done little more than talk houses for the last month.

You know that 75 years ago the homes in the US switched from individual creations to cookie cutter type boxes that all look alike.

And ~30 years ago homes started being built with materials that can not possible last for the life span of a typical resident.

Disposable homes = bullshit and I'll have no of it on our next place.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
ou know that 75 years ago the homes in the US switched from individual creations to cookie cutter type boxes that all look alike.
You do know that pre-fab housing started in L.A., for WW2 veterans. The U.S. gov assistance programs for those programs was to provide affordable housing.
You can still find lots of old old beautiful Italian designed homes in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, they are taken up by gang bangers in S.E. L.A.

Disposable homes = bullshit and I'll have no of it on our next place.
I guess you better not make yours out of cookies and candy, Hans. Yours will be disposed of within days.

Firestorm

n00b
Founder
May 7, 2008
Somewhere
I just think it's wrong to assume they were busting in to kill her baby
Ok. It's just this simple. I have kids. You break into my home with a knife, I don't give a damn what your intentions are or not, I'm going to kill your ass. Stupid people do dumb shit every day and get themselves killed trying to determine an intruders intent. Intent makes no difference, he entered a locked building with a weapon.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Ok. It's just this simple.

I don't like talking about all my 'security" but;

I have 3 zones around my home and zone 1 is a kill zone.

IF a bad guy gets into zone one without me knowing it ( almost impossible with 5 dogs and other ..stuff) then I AUTOMATICALLY assume he is there for nefarious reasons and WILL be met with deadly force. All the adults of my home know this, even temporary guests.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Ok. It's just this simple. I have kids. You break into my home with a knife, I don't give a damn what your intentions are or not, I'm going to kill your ass. Stupid people do dumb shit every day and get themselves killed trying to determine an intruders intent. Intent makes no difference, he entered a locked building with a weapon.

There was also that awful incident I remember with the Japanese home stay student in, I think, Louisiana, who was shot dead because he went to the wrong house for a party, wearing a Halloween outfit, because it was Halloween, with NO INTENT to steal nor rob.

People were outraged, including myself back then. Sorry, but this type of thinking you expressed can go a bit too far. Hopefully the home homeowner will be able to judge the circumstances properly and not make it a sad sad ending like this one.

I personally myself wouldn't mind walking on her property now and smacking her up the head a few times for doing such a stupid thing. Seems people are looking for an excuse to use their gun on someone just for the justification of having one.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
I personally myself wouldn't mind walking on her property now and smacking her up the head a few times for doing such a stupid thing.
Dude cased the joint: Someone she didn't know knew of her circumstances and came to her home.

He came back with help - and with a weapon.

And broke in.

Why is defending yourself/your family stupid?