Osama Bin Laden: Dead

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
Wasn't even going to watch TV tonight. By chance I turned the TV on for the hell of it. To my surprise, I see a story about Osama. I turned up the volume to find that he was killed by "US military action."

I don't really care that he no longer plays such a major role in the operations of Al Qaeda and terrorism in general. The news gave me a sense of closure, excitement, and a sense of "eat shit and die asshole."

I was disappointed when they announced they "got em" when they captured Saddam. Saddam's capture and execution were absolutely meaningless to me. In my eyes there was only one target worth capturing/killing and he is finally dead. I'm a happy camper tonight.

Thoughts?

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
I'm up at 4am UK time doing work and just caught this on a news website.

Killing him is a bit harsh, what has he ever done to hurt anybody!? My thoughts lie with his family...

Naa seriously that's one less fear mongerer for the world to worry about.

Boner

Fuckin fucker
Founder
Sep 9, 2009
I wonder what effect this will really have.
On the one hand, I, too, feel a sense of closure and relief.
On the other, I wonder how his "martyrdom" will re-energize terrorist forces.

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
This event will do nothing to calm the chaos in the region.

There is still a chance to play.
Unfortunately I agree. I know part of the delay in the speech last night was that they were trying to reach all members of congress as well as key security advisers so they could be ready should something happen during or directly after the announcement. I think we fully anticipate there will be something huge that will happen to try and demonstrate their movement is alive. And all in all they now see OBL as even more of a marder.

I guess I only hope that somewhere in the back of the minds of the average towel wearing person, they'll see the NATO strike as well as this as a sign that the non third world nations aren't going to sit back and take shit quite like they were. I think maybe it allows some of our countries to work inside their boarders to take cells out and then when they have intel take it back to the dirt land and take care of those cells breading the hate as well. Of course. .. this will bread some content too, but I know if I'm going to get into a fight where I know I'm gonna get my ass beat by the other guy I'm less likely to try get into that fight in the first place.

Kill_em_All

Family
Founder
Jul 29, 2008
News of Bin Laden's death has trumped the news of Mariah Carey giving birth to twins.

That makes twice that Bin Laden has toppled twins.

SittinGrumpy

I'd rather not elaborate in an open setting.

I get it, still nothing to do with my statement. You said Meh and I said you said Meh cause you weren't there when he died.... nothing to do with future things.

News of Bin Laden's death has trumped the news of Mariah Carey giving birth to twins.

That makes twice that Bin Laden has toppled twins.
If you came up with that joke, I'm sending you a present in the mail. My ex-girlfriend's panties need a new home, and I lol'd into them.

Interesting - on the heels of joking about how this event is overshadowing other events - to note the close proximity of the timeline to Obama's (still unofficial) birth documents floating to the surface.... Fucking phenomenal timing.