Out of the stone age. . sort of . .

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
Call me stupid, weird, what ever. I have an extensive collection of old records. I pretty much hit the jack pot when one of the radio stations I worked at converted to digital and they were going to throw them all out. I stole them all. I listen to them quite frequently and really prefer to listen to music on vinyl rather than on CD or some other way. I recently broke down and bought an MP3 player to listen to when I exercise. I want to listen to lots of my records during my workouts but don't have those songs on CD. It would cost a fortune do down load them off of the next even at a cheap site.

What I want to know is there anyway to down load vinyl into your computer? Some type of program I can get to help me do that, make tracks etc, that's free or cheap and easy to use?

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
I'm sure there is a way, but it would likely be costly for you to do it.

But you know.. there are FREE ways to download music.... :)

SittinGrumpy

Bunee is right...

My understanding is you are allowed to have copies of music you own, up to five, including the orignial.

So if you downloaded it the "free" way, then you just make sure you can reference it back to the vinyl - if you were ever asked.

I know of a karaoke bar that runs a computer show but always has the cd's onsite to prove where they came from.

Hope this helps.

rammstein1861

Masticater
Founder
Jan 8, 2009
Alt F4 if you wanna know.
Yes there are machines that work like a turntable and they record the vinyl and then via usb etc can then be recorded as mp3. At Macys we had a low end one available for $100 over the holidays, but I'm sure you can find a better version online somewhere.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
-Yes there is a way. I don't know anything beyond that.
-I just got an ipod myself...seems to be paying for itself at the moment.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
My ex boyfriend used to transfer vinyl to his computer and then cd's for me all the time. No clue how he did it. :D

Hope that helps.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
There was a CD/DVD burning program called Roxio but it was swallowed up by Microsoft.
The burner used in XP and Vista is the cannibalized version of Roxio.

They had a function to burn from analog to digital for LPs and cassettes tapes.
I had a pirate copy of this soft, and I will need to do a search for it.
If I can find it, I'll mail it out to you.

Maybe you can ask some buddies if they have this software? It was THE software to use for burning, so it is well known.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Call me stupid, weird, what ever. I have an extensive collection of old records. I pretty much hit the jack pot when one of the radio stations I worked at converted to digital and they were going to throw them all out. I stole them all. I listen to them quite frequently and really prefer to listen to music on vinyl rather than on CD or some other way. I recently broke down and bought an MP3 player to listen to when I exercise. I want to listen to lots of my records during my workouts but don't have those songs on CD. It would cost a fortune do down load them off of the next even at a cheap site.

What I want to know is there anyway to down load vinyl into your computer? Some type of program I can get to help me do that, make tracks etc, that's free or cheap and easy to use?

Jeeez... its like you tards are not even connected to the interwebs ...... the following took less than 30 seconds ... including the ebay find.

[google]vinyl to cd[/google]

[google] convert vinyl to mp3 [/google]

And ... check THIS on EBAY.

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
I would have loved one of those if I still had my vinyl collection. All I kept were the picture discs though.

I used to love that 'scratchy' sound... the slight hum of the stylus on the vinyl just before the music starts. And if you had it on really loud and put on a new record, the stylus would literally THUD.... ahh, them was the days.

I remember a local dj apologising during a stint for having "fluff on the needle". God, I'm so fucking old.

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
Jeeez... its like you tards are not even connected to the interwebs ...... the following took less than 30 seconds ... including the ebay find.

[google]vinyl to cd[/google]

[google] convert vinyl to mp3 [/google]

Yes I could have done that but I was kind of hoping someone here had done it to speak personally about its ease of use etc. Its like saying I want see a good scary movie and I give you three movies that are supposed to be scary but haven't ever really seen. In the end its just some lame as shit like the Friday the 13th with Scott Baio.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Yes I could have done that but I was kind of hoping someone here had done it to speak personally about its ease of use etc. Its like saying I want see a good scary movie and I give you three movies that are supposed to be scary but haven't ever really seen. In the end its just some lame as shit like the Friday the 13th with Scott Baio.

Yeah, whatever guy.

Next time word your request with a little more care, tard ass mofo.

As it was you simply asked for a WAY and the means to do it, not to have your hand held for the entire process.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
Yeah, whatever guy.

As it was you simply asked for a WAY and the means to do it, not to have your hand held for the entire process.
He ALSO asked to be called "stupid, weird, what ever"
Kindly comply with his requests in a complete manner in the future.

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
Yeah, whatever guy.

I don't know who taught you biology . . .*looks down at his crotch* . . but that's not my hand your holding.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Typical Funneeman thread.

He asked for help on something, gets advice, and doesn't even give a goddamn shit of a thanks to anybody.

Seems to be taking after his brother, Polar Bear, on this.

Next time you ask for help...........DON't!

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
Typical Funneeman thread.

He asked for help on something, gets advice, and doesn't even give a goddamn shit of a thanks to anybody.

Seems to be taking after his brother, Polar Bear, on this.

Next time you ask for help...........DON't!
Kind of typical of you to get all bent out of shape on something that pretty unimportant in the grand scheme of life. Perhaps I was waiting until I actually converted the vinyl to MP3 files to let folks know what worked best and express my appreciation then by sharing some of my super cool 70's funk. Now it will just feel like I was obligated to do it and make it less meaningful and heartfelt. Thanks for fucking up my life you douche bag.