Out of work bum

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
Been contracting for ATT for the last 2.5 years as well.
Ahh okay. You gonna be on the search for another job or full on retire then?

Why didn't you just stay in the armed forces btw?

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
1. You gonna be on the search for another job or full on retire then?

2. Why didn't you just stay in the armed forces btw?

1. Looking for jobs now.

2. I wish NOW that I had not retired. I thought at the time that it would be kick ass to retire @ 39. Other reasons .. other choices, long, very involved story.

SlimSkeeter

Gonna be reaping the benefits of Unenjoyment? After all, you did pay into that fund.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Gonna be reaping the benefits of Unenjoyment? After all, you did pay into that fund.
I am going to apply on January 3rd. Yep.

And 'technically' only employers pay for unemployment insurance. Although with the federal extensions being added all the time one can argue that the Unemployment insurance is being boosted by the general fund.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Don't let ANYBODY shame you on this, although, you are a white man, a minority, going on unemployment, that is usually reserved for the lower sub-human species, never the less, don't let anybody get you down on what you have to do, keeping in mind that you are of a superior race and beyond the need of handouts, like some beggar in Mumbai, with your little brittle brown hand, stretching out for some cheap copper, instead of representing an American man of the 21st century from one of the greatest countries in the world where no white man would dare to steep so low as to file forms for what most would label as a free-ride on the back of your fellow tax payers who unlike you, are working hard day in and day out, breaking their back, going home to put the bacon on the table.

JUST.....DON'T.....LET.....ANYBODY.....PUT.....YOU.....DOWN.....ON......WHAT.....YOU.....GOTTA.....DO

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Don't let ANYBODY shame you on this,

I've never said that unemployment insurance is a thing to be ashamed of ... I dunno what you are trying to get at with your comments.

The unemployment insurance program, when used within the RULES of the system are in fact a program for WORKING men and women. The rules state one must have had a JOB and must have lost that job through NO FAULT of their own to qualify for benefits.

Lately though .... dudes that are part of the 99 month program need a kick in the ass for using every damn dime the system has in the coffers ... effectively keeping the system at capacity for years. I know entire neighborhoods filled with shiftless motherfuckers that are using EVERY social program there is and rarely roll out of bed prior to 1300. The RULES say you MUST look for a job AND seek interviews to stay in the program .... <---- yeah right.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
I've never said that unemployment insurance is a thing to be ashamed of ... I dunno what you are trying to get at with your comments.

The unemployment insurance program, when used within the RULES of the system are in fact a program for WORKING men and women. The rules state one must have had a JOB and must have lost that job through NO FAULT of their own to qualify for benefits.

Lately though .... dudes that are part of the 99 month program need a kick in the ass for using every damn dime the system has in the coffers ... effectively keeping the system at capacity for years. I know entire neighborhoods filled with shiftless motherfuckers that are using EVERY social program there is and rarely roll out of bed prior to 1300. The RULES say you MUST look for a job AND seek interviews to stay in the program .... <---- yeah right.
Yes. This ^^ !!

My husband was 'laid off' once they found out he was joining the Navy some months down the road. During that time period, he was on unemployment. First of all, let me just say that it sucks. Quite a few members of my family are deadbeats and sit on unemployment like it's a free ride (because, you know.. they worked hard at mcd's until they were 'laid off'), something that's owed to them without any sort of effort on their part.

My uncle just sits on unemployment because he got sick of working at Home Depot. His reason? People kept telling him what to do every day. So, he thought he'd pay his mortgage on his condo through unemployment and then use my groceries to feed himself. "Have you looked for a job yet, uncle?" "Yeah, I dropped an application off at this other hardware store.. but I didn't really fill it out, I just put my name and number so they can call me if they want to."

That was the SINGLE application he dropped anywhere while I was in Alaska.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
That was the SINGLE application he dropped anywhere while I was in Alaska.
I've never used the system. But its in plain black and white that a dude has to make two 'contacts' a week. ( in NC) they do not specify what that means.

And... it appears as if I never have to leave the house because I can file online. I can see how this would be an easy to abuse system.

SlimSkeeter

And 'technically' only employers pay for unemployment insurance.
True....but, at least in Michigan, you have to have worked for X amount of time to get Y amount of "credits" towards your unemployment.

I've come close to using that twice...both times I was about a day or so away from making the final call to the stupid automated line that would start the ball rolling when I managed to find work. They take the average you have made over the last 15 months and give you a percentage of that.

I'm rather happy that I haven't had to deal with the red tape involved with such things.