Pat yourself on the back.

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
Time to tell us something positive about yourself and put your mind in a good mental state.

Tell us about your proudest accomplishment ever. (Making a kid doesn't count as any two idiots with fertile eggs and a normal sperm count can do that.) Something that you set a goal to do and actually completed it.

Tell us about your best accomplishment in the past 6 months to a year.

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
Last 6 months to a year? Let's see... I bought a house and everything a home owner needs (furniture, lawn equipment, etc... you know the drill), and have paid off almost all of my revolving debt.

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
Last 6 months to a year? Let's see... I bought a house and everything a home owner needs (furniture, lawn equipment, etc... you know the drill), and have paid off almost all of my revolving debt.
That's awesome on the revolving debt thing. I wish I would have started to tackle mine earlier. I ran it up when I had a six figure income and figured there was always time to pay that crap off later. Then life changed. .moved to a small town and cut the income in half and had all that debit still there to be paid. I'll be out of it completely very soon. I'm hope'n maybe later this month. Its taught me to be more responsible with my money and how much cheaper it is to live without 20 grand in credit card bills. A person can get by on much less and still feel like he/she has decent money without a huge cc balance looming.

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
Honestly, I haven't felt like much of a champ in the past year.

But in the spirit of this thread, I'd like to say that being on the Tyndall Air Force Base Honor Guard was probably the coolest/ best thing I've ever done. I'm not a warrior, I don't have a long history of defending people or winning battles.

But I understand and respect those who do. Having been on a team of elite Air Force members who's mission is to rightfully honor those that have given the ultimate sacrifice, was by far the one thing in my life of which I am the most proud to have done.

My father was a 20 year retiree, and it brought a tear to my eye when the honor guard performed the 21 gun salute for him. And when they presented my father's funeral flag to me, and we exchanged salutes?..Man, that's something you just never forget.

It touched something deep in me, and it was truly an honor when I got the chance to repeatedly offer the same to other military family members. For those who really undertand, you know it's not about doom and gloom. It's about finding something noble and powerful and good in human nature worth honoring, and then getting to honor it.

There's no greater sense of satisfaction to be had on Earth, that I'm aware of.

Amythist

Sneaker Pimp
Mar 21, 2008
Why? Are you a stalker??
www.myspace.com
I would say that I managed to change my water pump in my car...hehehe not alot of girls can do that!!!! A friend told me what to do and I did it!! Yay me.....get water pump fixed at mechanics- $380.00.........DO it your self priceless (well 80 bucks) .

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
I changed my life for the better.

I moved, and therefore rid myself of a negative person in my life. While I was around said negative person, I was miserable, I was falling apart, and felt my life being controlled by them. Now that I am over 1000kms away from them, I can truly say that I can be myself, and live my life the way I want.

I feel free, for the first time in many years.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
I'll be along the same basic lines as Bunnee. Where I am right now, I'm getting nowhere... and the way I see it, I'm one big waste of brain to do so. So, I'm moving.

Also, I'm paranoid. And if our way of life is going down the drain, I DO NOT want to be right next to Mexico, relying on man-made and transported goods and materials to survive. That just sounds to me like a recipe for insta-death.

Back to being on-topic...

It's really put a fire in me to succeed, this move has. And I'm very proud of myself for not being a wimp about it and letting anyone emotionally blackmail me into doing what they want. This is my life. These are my kids. I'll do whatever the hell I please, thank you very much.

suki

Family
Apr 1, 2008
six months to a year?

for real??? I can't go back a little (like a decade or so?) further?

fine. your game. your rules.

what I accomplished was pretty big...i got over my fear of independance, left the hub (for someone, who at the time, was not NEARLY as responsible) and needed to man up and take care of business.

then I got knocked up, 'ted' ran with the ball, and i'm back looking at stay-at-home mommy-dom, again. I aint mad, though. it's precisely what we wanted. I'm heading to nursing school next fall and I really do like being able to take some time away from 'da man' to relax.

hell, I deserve it. its' been a busy year. between trying my damnedest to get through to the ghetto (it's bad. worse than you can imagine) kids I teach, to working with their homeless moms in a women's shelter...I've given way more of myself than I probably had to give...

and for a pittance paycheck.

it'll be nice to take a break and watch someone else burnout for once.

go, josie, go!
hehehe

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Time to tell us something positive about yourself and put your mind in a good mental state.
That's refreshing for a change!

I am quite happy that I took my Easter vacation, flew to Japan to see my children and get some of there diplomatic business taken care of (US passports and such).

Their mother has done nothing for 2 years regarding their Japanese passports, so the pressure is on her.

I also call them every weekend, send things like cloths and goodies, so I do feel to be a good papa, regardless of what the Ex has to say. I have also come to terms with my current situation. The dream of being a happy family is not going to continue in the traditional sense. It has only transformed into another state of being.

My wife has been a great support in this. I am proud of her as well.

OutKast

Dude!
Mar 22, 2008
In my office
My biggest accomplishment over the past year is that I got my health in check,both physically and mentaly. I had to go through two surgeries and one procedure to have my physical health taken care of. I finally found doctors that actually care and do their jobs right. I am no longer in any kind of therapy.. I only have to see a shrink once every two months for medication management. I'm stable,happy,positive and working two jobs...I'm even waiting for my phone call back from the business school here so I can find out what courses I can take and when they start...I'm finally going back to school,YAY!!!!

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
When I think over the course of a life time there was an instance in my life where I was struck with generosity for no reason. I was on my way with a group of college friends to the city to do some clinical shadowing at the Med Center. We of course in typical college dumb as fashion were taking our sweet ass time getting there and boozing along the way. We pulled off to grab some gas and a sandwich. As we were about to pull onto the interstate I saw a guy in the parking lot of the McDonalds sitting by his old station wagon. His wife and kids were in the car and they of course looked dirty and beat down. I saw he was making a sign. I walked up to him and asked if he needed some help. He asked for 5 dollars to go toward gas. They had broke down and used the rest of the gas money to get fixed. The wife was crying and the kids looked worried. He was holding the bill for the repairs in his hand. I told him to pull up to the pump. I filled him up. (Gas was around $.78 a gallon then) Then we bought some water and bread, meat and snacks for the road. We went to McDonalds and I bought them lunch. Then I gave him $20. I spent like $50. Not much. He shook my hand and had the look of gratitude on his face. He thanked me and I could tell he was very sincere. I don't know what happened after that as we went on down the road. But I when I think of how crappy my life is I always think about that family and how it could be worse. And when I feel like a slub I always try to remember that I once did a good thing for no other reason than it was the right thing to do.

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
I once did a good thing for no other reason than it was the right thing to do.
Bad ass. It's amazing when you think about all of the people in your life you have made an impact on; even if only a fleeting one. And when you consider it, all of the people you've met and encountered; they've played at least a small part in the story of your life, as well.

Could be that dude was a fucking skitterbum who will likely drag his family through many more situations like that in the future. But even still, that family might carry your generosity with them for the rest of their days. Maybe years from now, you'll still be someone that dudes kids think about.

Some of the things we do can be more permanent than a tattoo. It's nice to know that we have the capacity to leave such an indelable legacy in the hearts and minds of those around us.

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
On the note of charity, I've enabled less fortunate people many times in my life, even if it's something as little as lending a listening ear to a stranger with problems, or as big as using my savings to buy gifts for orphans and give them to them at Christmas. However, apart from the gratefulness from the people I help, I don't like being recognized, etc. I think it's retarded that a lot of charity organizations offer prizes and incentives to people that donate certain amounts.

I'm a firm believer in learning to swim before saving someone else from drowning, but at the same time I'll share the air in my lungs with someone if we can both make it out of the water.