PC/Cellphone question: Movies

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
My SAMSUNG cell can play movies at 240 X 320, mp4 and wmv.

So, before uploading from the pc to the cell, how would I go about changing the size of the movie if it is exceeds the limited size?

Is there an app for this?

Lastly, with Mac, you can drag and drop a movie from the DVD to your hard disk. Is this or some other way possible with Windows?

Sorry for the easy questions and thanks.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Yep.

Windows movie maker allows you to use manual edits to save as a lower res file.

But chopping a 720x480 to a 320x240 will kill the viewing quality unless you break it up into many many individual clips.

I've done it .. it works, and it comes loaded on win xp pro and vista.

Or maybe .. THIS. I've not used it thought.

Good luck.

About drag and dropping a dvd file .. I'm not sure of your question ... rephrase please.

SittinGrumpy

About drag and dropping a dvd file .. I'm not sure of your question ... rephrase please.
The ability to click a file and move it, release it and it automatically starts moving the file from where it was to where you have told it to go. AKA Drop and Drag or was it Drag and Drop....whatever...

Let me know if this doesn't clear this up, I will do screen shots for you...hehehhe

Kommie, I have NEVER dealt with mac so I dont know if it would do it. I tried to google it and came up with a bunch of torrent shit. Sorry I couldn't help!

WAIT...stop the presses....I found it...it is DRAG AND DROP!!! Yay me

how to on a Mac

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
^ wha?

Kommie: When you "drag and drop", are you copying VOB files or are you ripping the dvd?

Edit: Dude, if you've done this with a DVD-R, it might be a Divx, in which you've copied a AVI file.
If so, then it's a yes to your answer.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Thanks people for your help.

Basically, with Mac, you can drag a whole DVD/CD and drop it on the HD and it will copy the disc in its entirety.

After doing a bit of research, looks like I'll either have to use Bit Torrent and that way I can upload it onto the phone or..............the hard way..................

Rip it from a DVD with an app, resize it with another app, and maybe convert the file with yet another app.

I just want to watch movies on the phone while I'm taking the train to work.

Again, thanks. I'll check out those links posted above.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
I still don't get it.
Do you end up with an image when you drag and drop; IMG or BIN file?
Dude, the Mac experience was years ago and made only as an example.

At the moment, I download with LimeWire or BitTorrent mp4 files and upload it to the cell, so things are somewhat cool now........except for the other crapola problems I have now, in another thread.

Thanks for your help.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Yep.

Windows movie maker allows you to use manual edits to save as a lower res file.

But chopping a 720x480 to a 320x240 will kill the viewing quality unless you break it up into many many individual clips.

I've done it .. it works, and it comes loaded on win xp pro and vista.

Or maybe .. THIS. I've not used it thought.

Good luck.

Thanks for this link. It was a nifty little app but they were clever to protect the trial version with a watermark, so I went to the computer zone here in HK and visited my software guy who sells pirated stuff.

I got almost the same app for about US$ 4.

About the drag and drop. Long ago, when I was a Mac person, you could drag your cd/dvd from the D drive and drop it on your C drive and it would just copy the whole thing.

I have no idea about todays Mac.