Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
http://vodo.net/pioneerone

^^ Check it out.

I'm watching the 1st episode now.

Interesting film making concept ... they present the 1st one, wait for donations and then make subsequent episodes. They made the 1st one for $6000.

Synopsis:

An object in the sky spreads radiation over North America.
Fearing terrorism, U.S. Homeland Security agents are dispatched to investigate and contain the damage.
What they discover will have implications for the entire world.

TopGrey

Family
Founder
Jul 30, 2008
NC mountains
Thats a cool concept. I'll keep an eye on this. Imagine.......people paying into something they want to see. No Hollywood cash machines blowing money on a shitty movie and then blowing way more money on advertising it to make people come and see that same shitty movie.

SlimSkeeter

Yep ... I'm gonna donate a few hundred $$ in the company name.

Supposedly they list the name in the closing credits of a future episode.
I read that, too....I'm gonna donate a bit too, when I can. I like this idea. Maybe it will catch on.

SlimSkeeter

Send some cash for me too while your at it....say about US$5000. Is that too cheap of me? Well, go on ahead and send US$10,000 and tell them I said hello.
First off: fuck no, Kommie. I only wish I had that kind of liquid assets.

Second off, I just looked back to see how they are doing, donation wise, and it seems they reached their first target ($20,000) in a week and a half and have scheduled to shoot the next 3 episodes in September. I'm already jonesing for episode number two.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
First off: fuck no, Kommie. I only wish I had that kind of liquid assets.

Second off, I just looked back to see how they are doing, donation wise, and it seems they reached their first target ($20,000) in a week and a half and have scheduled to shoot the next 3 episodes in September. I'm already jonesing for episode number two.
Yeah I saw that they hit the target.

Good shit ... I dig the pay-go concept.

SlimSkeeter

I don't know how many of you have been keeping up with this but they are up to 4 episodes and looking to finish out this "season" with two more...

If you watched the first, so far it seems to only get better.