Is there any real point in recycling and trying to stop
pollution when Mother Nature is a major player in
fucking things up?

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
My daughter also makes recycling pointless. You should be thankful you can't hear/smell the gases escaping from her bottom.

By the time I've filled the blue bin with paper, she's cancelled out its effect.

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Fuck recycling. In fact, fuck using bins too!

I've become that asshole who you see tossing wrappers and empty bottles of drink out the window on the freeway without a care in the world.

They came from the earth originally so the earth can have 'em back when I'm done with 'em.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Please elaborate, how exactly is mother nature fucking things up? And if so isn't it due to our own inability to dispose of man-made products properly?

Or are you saying that mother nature is going to hulk out regardless of what we do so we might as well not bother?

Sex?

I'm a dumb ass.
Jul 30, 2008
Please elaborate, how exactly is mother nature fucking things up? And if so isn't it due to our own inability to dispose of man-made products properly?

Or are you saying that mother nature is going to hulk out regardless of what we do so we might as well not bother?
She's talking about how volcanoes are supposedly to blame for a large percentage of pollution. Be that true or not, it a very cowardly, gay, stupid, egocentric way of thinking.
But recycling is probably pointless. It takes up a vast amount of energy, plus I don't get what do plastic bottles have to do with the environment except make it ugly. Not like they pollute or something. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
She's talking about how volcanoes are supposedly to blame for a large percentage of pollution. Be that true or not, it a very cowardly, gay, stupid, egocentric way of thinking.
I can speak for myself...so stick your bullshit evaluation up your ass, plonker.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008

It was supposed to be a light hearted way of saying Mother Nature can cause just as much pollution to the Earth as mankind eg. volcanos.
How is a volcano erupting due to us not disposing of waste?
Personally, I support recycling, so yes, we should bother.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
Large volcanic eruptions are major geologic events. Yet we trivialize them and consider them mundane because they don't happen often, and they don't affect 'me.'

The fact that they can throw up as much shit in the air, or more, than the entire human population can is a testament to their power. The Yellowstone Caldera volcano system erupts, you can kiss your ass goodbye.

However, this should not trivialize the impact of the human waste on the environment due to the fact that human impact can be compared to something as large as a volcano.

Anyway, the Earth will go to hell after I'm dead, so I'll let my kids deal with it.