Poor Puppy :(

Syenite

Flying squirrel vagina
Founder
Oct 23, 2013
Redneckville, Canada.
So... my dog got beat up by a fence today.

I was downstairs computing when I heard this horrible howling coming from outside. I go outside to find out what was going on to see my dad in my backyard. He tells me the dogs ran out of the yard when he opens the fence (I have three medium-large dogs) and when he called them back two of them tried to run through the gate at once. The one (Miracle) caught her shoulder on the hinge of the gate and tore out a large chunk of flesh. We found this large chunk hanging on the hinge, by the way.

So... four hundred dollars and fifty-some stitches later, she should be okay.

The gash was about five inches long and two and a half inches deep (from what I could see anyways). Poor doggy.

Syenite

Flying squirrel vagina
Founder
Oct 23, 2013
Redneckville, Canada.
She's just an unfortunate dog. She's already gotten a thousand dollar metal plate put in when she broke her hip. The stupid thing is that the other dog took it as an opportunity to challenge her over dominance (or something) cause she started attacking the moment Miracle started crying. At least that's what my dad told me.

Guess Who

Jun 25, 2009
usa
I am just glad she is okay. Not to sound mean or anything. You should keep a closer eye on the dog so she has a lesser chance of getting hurt again.

SlimSkeeter

Ouch!! Glad to hear the pooch is gonna be ok. Sounds like Miracle had a few rough patches.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
You have clearly stepped over the line with this.
Any devoted Darwinist would be shouting "Blasphemy" at the top of their lungs by now.

You puppy is living under the same conditions as all of us are and that is Survival of the fittest.
You should NOT HAVE interfered and let nature taken its course with an infected, painful wound, soon leading to a sad death.

Now look what you have done!
Fate had taken it's course and you are in violation of the sacrements.

I advise you check out my thread here:
http://www.swollencranium.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2359

BTW: I just paid about $300 for my dog to have an hernia operation.:tongue:

Syenite

Flying squirrel vagina
Founder
Oct 23, 2013
Redneckville, Canada.
No; she's a black lab cross. We got her back today. Apparently the cut was a lot worse than we thought. And thanks. She hasn't eaten anything since she got home but I think that might be because of the anesthetic she was given while she was there. She seems super uncomfortable so I think I'm going to go back to the vet and see if they can give her any painkillers.

She's got a drain in right now that is getting taken out in three days, as you can see.

Guess Who

Jun 25, 2009
usa
It is normal for a dog not to eat after surgery. When my dog had her two surgeries she didn't eat for about a week. But afterwards her eating habbits returned to normal. I hope your dog makes it through this with minimal damage.

Guess Who

Jun 25, 2009
usa
I suggest she quit her job and devote her entire waking life to supervising her pets to ensure they don't injure themselves.
Now i didn't mean you have to watch the dog 24/7. I meant take some precautions to make sure the dog doesn't get injured so easily. Like make sure the dog is in the house or a cage when you aren't home. Keep an eye on her when she is outside. Make sure when she is outside or for a walk that she doesn't get into anything that could hurt her. Stuff like, that Mr. Smarty pants.:)

Syenite

Flying squirrel vagina
Founder
Oct 23, 2013
Redneckville, Canada.
Now i didn't mean you have to watch the dog 24/7. I meant take some precautions to make sure the dog doesn't get injured so easily. Like make sure the dog is in the house or a cage when you aren't home. Keep an eye on her when she is outside. Make sure when she is outside or for a walk that she doesn't get into anything that could hurt her. Stuff like, that Mr. Smarty pants.:)
I have three dogs; all of which spend the majority of their time when I'm not home outside. They used to be farm dogs, so I don't think that keeping them in the house would be fair. I had no idea that a hinge of a fence could do that to a dog who simply ran through it and got pushed by the other dog. I really don't see how I could have prevented this. My dad was coming through the gate and they ran out. He called them back and they ran in, one got injured.

Guess Who

Jun 25, 2009
usa
I have three dogs; all of which spend the majority of their time when I'm not home outside. They used to be farm dogs, so I don't think that keeping them in the house would be fair. I had no idea that a hinge of a fence could do that to a dog who simply ran through it and got pushed by the other dog. I really don't see how I could have prevented this. My dad was coming through the gate and they ran out. He called them back and they ran in, one got injured.
They were just suggestions. But maybe the dog just has bad luck.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
Holy fucking piss monkey. That dog looks like it unsuccessfully tried to make puppies with a buzz saw.

Good luck to it...err...what's left of it.