SittinGrumpy

^^ Yes Monkey would be good....

Hello new person/monkey

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
What exactly has this person proved about their humanity? That they can make a type and make a thread?

This reminds me of laws of probability with the example of monkeys in a cage with a typewriter. Eventually one of them will type out a line from Shakespeare.
Has this now been proved??

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
What exactly has this person proved about their humanity? That they can make a type and make a thread?

This reminds me of laws of probability with the example of monkeys in a cage with a typewriter. Eventually one of them will type out a line from Shakespeare.
Has this now been proved??
Ha, the idea is not how long it would take a monkey... or anyone proving it. It is an example of the law of infinity:
The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

RapedBySeveral

Insert Member
Jan 8, 2010
Yougoslavia
Ha, the idea is not how long it would take a monkey... or anyone proving it. It is an example of the law of infinity:
The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.
Think it was a thousand monkeys. Nvm.

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
Maybe we are thinking of different things... I don't know how scientists would go about catching 1000 monkeys, then keep them sat on chairs for any length of time.

Ricky Gervais explains it better than me:
[video=youtube;4mGXYVlLJQo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mGXYVlLJQo&feature=related[/video]