RAM?

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
It is more than likely that Negative is correct.

RAM
Installed Size 512.0 MB / 2.0 GB (max) Technology DDR SDRAM Memory speed 333.0 MHz Memory specification compliance PC2700 RAM form factor DIMM 184-pin RAM features Two DDR channels

SlimSkeeter

Umm....good bet that its DDR2...however open the case up and take out the chip. It more than likely says on it.

If you aren't comfy taking the memory chip out, look on the motherboard near the chip for the initials "DDR", "DDR2", or (very unlikely to be honest) "DDR3"

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
Yeah, like it's enough knowing if it's DDR2. She still needs to find out if it's PC2-6400, PC2-5300, PC2-8500, PC2-4200, PC2-9200, PC2-5400, PC2-8000, or PC2-9600.

SittinGrumpy

Go to http://www.cpuid.com/

Download Download version 1.51 setup.

Install program

UNCHECK ALL ASK.COM boxes

Once installed look for the CPU-Z on your desktop

Double click on the desktop icon

Allow program to run, it will take a minute

After it runs a window will appear...Click SPD tab

ALL of your RAM information is there.

Hope this helps. PM me if you need anything.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Having a computer and knowing nothing short of turning it on is why AOL was so damn popular at one time.

Open the damn computer up .. ( you have to in order to upgrade it anyway) .. take out a RAM module. Read the damn sys info on the side.

Done.

SittinGrumpy

Having a computer and knowing nothing short of turning it on is why AOL was so damn popular at one time.

Open the damn computer up .. ( you have to in order to upgrade it anyway) .. take out a RAM module. Read the damn sys info on the side.

Done.
Or that...BUT some people are just not comfortable with opening a pc and doing things in it!

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008

Done.
Who said she wanted to upgrade it?
All she asked was how to find out what sort of ram she had.
Being an Australian it was probably a fucking merino!!!

SittinGrumpy

My thought was that she was gonna buy it then maybe have a friend put it in....you know you can't ASSUME anything, she asked for help and people tried to give it :)

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet

Done.
Don't be mean.

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
My thought was that she was gonna buy it then maybe have a friend put it in....you know you can't ASSUME anything, she asked for help and people tried to give it :)
That's what I'm going to do.

I need more ram. 512 isn't enough. Plus I need a bigger hard drve too.

Honestly, I could likely build a PC if I wanted to, but quite frankly, I'd rather just get someone else to do it for me.

I'm lazy.

Also I'm not gonna pull my fucking clunky pc out from under my desk, unplug everything, open it up and put it all back together to find it out. What a pain in the ass. I figured i could find this information on the pc.