Random Psych Test

SlimSkeeter

Random Psych Test: Its very simple, all you have to do is visualize a forest, then describe it. After you describe it, you must explain how you go through the forest.

There is a vase in the forest, describe it.

There is a barrier blocking your way, describe that, as well.

All will be revealed.

Cúchulainn

Asshole 7
Apr 11, 2008
Its a pine forest with some snow. Check your compass, shoot a heading of 0 degrees and stick to that. The vase is clear glass. The barrier is a brick wall. You take the brick of C4, shock tube, initiator, blasting cap, IV bag and roll of 100 MPH tape out of the vase. Tape the IV bag to the block of C4, then tape that to the wall, the IV-bag facing the wall. Set your cap, run your shock tube, set your initiator and fire. Step through the hole in the wall, shoot your heading again and continue.

What does that tell you about me?

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
I see a vast burnt charcoal waste.
Some nigger set fire to the fucking forest.

SlimSkeeter

I watched princess bride the other day :(
Was this on there too? Been a long time since I watched that movie. I found this on an example of a psychology test in some old papers from college.

SittinGrumpy

My forest is full of very tall hardwoods, in the peak of autumn. All the green is now yellow, red and gold; the leaves are beginning to thin out on the limbs, yet the forest is so thick you cannot see anything but the beautiful colors.

The vase that is blocking my way is as tall as the trees, about seven feet wide, black, blue and brown; it is very ugly, hurts the eyes to look at it.

The barrier blocking the way is a small thorn bush, about knee high, it is a deep green with large thorns; it’s so thick you cannot see the ground just past it.

SlimSkeeter

Alright, if you are worried about it, I won't reveal what this means to anyone but the person answering, and that in a PM or on Yahoo, depending on if I have them in my friends list there or not.

Its fun, revealing, and pretty damned accurate...

Give it a shot, you know you want to.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
I am standing in the middle of the forest. It is dark with moonlight barely filtering through the branches. A dense fog hugs the ground choking the air. The trees are huge and barren with each branch a twisted limb reaching towards the sky as if to escape the sadness within. The ground is littered with rotten branches and mounds of moldy leaves carpet the floor of the forest. The air smells of decay. Their is no sign of life to be seen or heard other than myself. It is silent except for the sound of my ragged breathing.

A solitary vase lays on the ground partially crusted with dirt, chipped with age and abandoned. I walk to the vase and gently pick it up, dusting it off with my cracked and bleeding hands. I hold on to it tightly as I stumble wearily towards the stone wall ahead, towards escape. When I reach the barrier, I stand beneath it, looking up at it's impossible height, knowing that I cannot surmount it. It is covered with mold and wet with mildew. Vines thick with thorns cling to its stones, barring the way. I slide to the ground, moaning in despair. I can go no further.

Cúchulainn

Asshole 7
Apr 11, 2008
Suffice it to say I was surprised with the seeming accuracy of this one.

And for some of you, damn, I pity you.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
It's the little miniature forest at the top of the large rock that is beluga point, about 20 minutes out of Anchorage along the coast:

this pic is of beluga point - but the large rock and mini forest I'm talking about are ----> that way, basically, to the right of the photographer (out of camera view) - and beluga point is also a lot more fun and purtyful when the tide is out, so you can see/play on the flats.

Anyhow, that's my forest, it's a clear summer day, nice temperature - about 50 degrees fahrenheit, the wind's blowing, and I love how you can see the way the wind has formed the trees' growth over time. They're a little tipped to one side. Even though the rooty path that goes up the center to the top is fairly short and narrow- It's always concerned me a little. I've wondered since I was little if I could actually see a bear if he was in there - nevermind that he'd have to cross the highway to even get to beluga point in the first place... and willingly go near the ocean.... So, something I admit to no one else is that I imagine a badger in there (feasible, I suppose). I go in to hear the muffled sounds of the wind and the other people on the beach and peak through the trees to see my brothers climbing up the opposite side of beluga point (pictured). You can see a split between the two. They're both climbing up the center - but of different rocks. My older brother is scaling the larger one with the small patch of trees on it. My younger brother is talking up a storm of superior non-sense as he shakily pulls his way up the smaller (and nearer to shore) rock on the left in the picture.

I smile and wonder why I imagined a badger in here (I think this is my obstacle). It's quiet, comfortable, sheltered from the wind, and just light enough (I guess I mean the "heaviness" of the forest) to not be completely isolated from all that's going on around me. I come back out and sit on the smoothe, water-beaten, rounded edge of the cliff and watch the wind surfers play off shore. Their sails light up with the bright colors - orange, yellow, blue as they pass in front of the afternoon sun.

I wish there were some whales out today, but so far I haven't seen any. I look down the cliff to the jagged rocks below - the tide's out so I can see their detail without the white spurts of water splashing up at me. I remember when I almost fell on those once. I was tired of climbing the same two rocks across the way that my brothers squabble over every summer - so I tried to make my way across the steeper cliff to my right. My cousin ended up saving me. If he wasn't as strong as he is, I would have fallen.

No, I won't do that again, I like it right here, the trees to my back, the wind in my hair, the peace.

EDIT: Vase... vase.... it's opaque - dark brown blue line designs and dark red (almost rust) splotches of color here and there. It's shaped like so:

though, the bulge just before the "waist" I guess, is wider, more defined. It doesn't have handles, and there's nothing in it but some dirt that probably blew into it - maybe there's a little black bug that wandered in it too - but nothing truly occupying it. There are no ridges like the one pictured. It has a smoothe surface, if a little bit rough texture - like unpainted, fired clay.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Rain forest during the rainy season, filled with black palm, that's the kind with 2 inch thorns all over its bark.

Walking in this place is treacherous because the ground is swollen with water and shifts easily, every time you slip you reach for a tree only to be greeted with a fist full of thorns. The jungle floor is sodden with brackish and infested mud. You learn quickly that thorns are preferable to lungs full of jungle mud.

Its best just to move slowly in a straight line because you're fucked no matter what anyway... get it over with is what I say.

Vase is plain and unadorned, a common type used for everyday purposes, made from the local river clay, fired in the village communal kiln.

There is no barrier. If I want it badly enough I will only be delayed, not barred from getting it.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
My 'Evaluation'.

The way you described the forest was the way you viewed life. The way you went through the forest was the way you went through life. The vase is your view on relationships, and the barrier is how you think you're going to die.

Life is hard and full of hidden dangers for you. You find it best to just keep going and deal with it as it comes at you. You prefer to keep your relationships simple and well defined. You see death as just one more hardship in life to be faced and overcome.

_________

Pfft ... Psych test are sooooo easy to fool.