Random Thoughts

Kill_em_All

Family
Founder
Jul 29, 2008
I was thinking the other day about excuses to justify drunk driving.

Here's what I came up with.

1. Population control. In 2006, there were 15,829 drunk driving deaths in the United States. The total number of deaths in the US due to drunk drivers for the last ten years has been consistently close to that mark. Just rounding it to 15k per year, over ten years that's 150,000 deaths. Over the next twenty years, that's enough people to populate an entire city. If those 150,000 people lived, in thirty years, we'd be grossly overpopulated. Drunk drivers ensure that we don't balloon as a population.

2. Entertainment. Come on. We all know drunk drivers are entertaining. Without them, shows like COPS, World's Scariest Police Chases, and pretty much everything on the Spike network wouldn't last a minute.

3. Environmental impact. Every drunk driver that demolishes his car (and any other cars in the process) keeps the number of vehicles on the road in check, thus sparing our already declining atmosphere added amounts of toxins.

4. Economic impact. The penalties for drunk driving in most states are very severe and tend to focus more on the fiscal end rather than the imprisonment end as far as punishment goes. Attorneys stay paid, the courts make their cash (hand over fist), and the money generated from court fees is substantial enough to have considerable positive impact on our national economic structure.

This is the shit I think up when I'm not doing anything constructive.

SlimSkeeter

humph....since 2 of you have mentioned it already....I had a fairly vivid and disturbing dream today as well.

SlimSkeeter

Details????
Dreamed about The Bitch. Apparently she wandered back into my life and fairly begged for my forgiveness. Even went so far as to give me everything she had teased me with before. And do you know what I did? I took it all, used her just like she had used me, (as a convenience) and after telling her that she wasn't worth my time anymore, I left her in tears as I walked away.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
Lew Dodgson: You shouldn't use my name.
Dennis Nedry: [loudly] Dodgson, Dodgson, we have Dodgson here! See? Nobody cares. Nice hat! What are ya tryin' to look like - a secret agent?

Dr. Alan Grant: Try to imagine yourself in the Cretaceous Period. You get your first look at this "six foot turkey" as you enter a clearing. He moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing his head. And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Velociraptor. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side,
[makes 'whoshing' sound]
Dr. Alan Grant: from the other two 'raptors you didn't even know were there. Because Velociraptor's a pack hunter, you see, he uses coordinated attack patterns and he is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this... a six-inch retractable claw, like a razor, on the the middle toe. He doesn't bother to bite your jugular like a lion, say... no no. He slashes at you here... or here... or maybe across the belly, spilling your intestines. The point is... you are alive when they start to eat you. So you know... try to show a little respect.