Random Trivia

SlimSkeeter

Something to go along with our other "Random" threads. Post factoids, trivia, amusing or curious details. The only stipulation is it must be backed up with a link. Enjoy!

SlimSkeeter

"Weird Al" Yankovic has a song in the animated Transformers: The Movie called Dare to be Stupid.

Proof

urateup

Noob a little less
Sep 28, 2009
Missouri
In the movie Scarface the F-word is said 207 times. That works out to an average of 1.22 per minute.

One inch of rain over one square mile is 17,378,700 gallons of water.

urateup

Noob a little less
Sep 28, 2009
Missouri
In the movie Scarface the F-word is said 207 times. That works out to an average of 1.22 per minute.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086250/trivia

One inch of rain over one square mile is 17,378,700 gallons of water.
Ok I can't find the link to prove this one. However I can prove it. This was a math question I had on a test in college some years ago.

5280 feet to a mile. Times the number of inches in a foot.

5280 x 12 = 63360. (inches in one mile.)

Now we simply square the results of that which is 63360. So we get...

63360 x 63360 = 4,014,489,600 (square inches per square mile.)

Now take total square inches per square mile and multiply it by the total inches in one gallon.

4,014,489,600 / 231 (square inches in one gallon) = 17,378,742.86 gallons

Proof by mathmatics. That's how we did it before the internet children.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Proof by mathmatics. That's how we did it before the internet children.
Pretty much the whole point of the links to back up the trivia is so that if the trivia strikes your fancy, you can go read about it.

Other wise, it's just a boring thread full of c/p's.

Good boy. Run along now.

SlimSkeeter

Ok...ok...so I made a major blunder. Please forgive me everyone. So here are some interesting facts with links of proof.

Groucho Marx got his stage name from a little bag that people often carried in his day.

http://www.veryimportantpotheads.com/site/groucho.htm
You are forgiven for not being able to read and understand directions.

Thanks, Josie, for clearing that up.

The other thing about adding a link is: It's more of a put up or shut up thing that way. Anyone could just make something up and slap it on here and call it a fact. Posting where you got it proves you didn't just make it up.

There ya go, 2 good reasons. WOOT.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Brett Favre is the first player in the NFL to have beaten all 32 teams.

Standing on his head.
Brett Favre was on my valentine card from some kid in elementary. I had no idea who he was and announced I...

"got some football card with fah-vruh on it. how lame."

The 'anonymous' giver turned to tell me he was only the best ever and he only had ONE card in his valentine's card box with favre on it.

'anonymous' was also my crush.

He decided he didn't like me after all. We ended up being in the same class for the next 2 years.

SlimSkeeter

In 1631, two London bible printers accidentally left the word "not" out of the seventh commandment, which then read, "Thou shalt commit adultery." This legendary book is now known as the "Wicked Bible."

Proof