Retrosexual

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Example:

"Think of him as the anti-metrosexual, the opposite of that guy who emerged in the 1990s in all his pedicured, moussed-up, skinny-jeans glory. That man-boy was searching for his inner girl, it was argued.

The retrosexual, however, wants to put the man back into manhood." — Lini S. Kadaba, Philadelphia Inquirer, Apr. 7, 2010

Gary's example:

I yam what I yam ... no need to evolve when one thinks one is fine the way they are.

Media example :

2007:

And nearly THREE years later .. on practically the same spot !

Aug 2010

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Exactly.

I'm RETRO .. .that means I'll slap you and tell you to make me a pie after I bang you.
You go right ahead and try that! I slap you and throw your shit out... but I wait for a rainy day...

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Gary's 2007 looks like...........shall I say it? OK, you forced me.
His left hand looks like it's stoking a cock and the right hand looks like its stroking cock.

The 2010 looks the same, but just can't see it......

Just saying.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
metro-sexual = almost gay...
Based on what? (just asking so don't take it wrong)

Metro-sexual man wears a business suit because his job requires it and if he does, why not do it the right way and pay a little more for something that looks and feels good. He dabs on a bit of cologne because he doesn't want to smell like a pig, yet not enough to be overpowering. Metro-sexual women don't mind him sporting a bit because she has her Chanel #5 perfume. And what's wrong with that?

A Metro-sexual man knows where he stands sexually (most being heterosexual) and doesn't give a rats ass what others think because he has no low self-esteem like those judging him.

He goes to the kick boxing gym after work. He eats healthy. Has a decent enough apartment to take his bitches (excuse me, his ladies) back for some romance, red wine, sucking and fucking. He may even get the BBQ going and do something in the kitchen, for her. before commencing with body liquid trade-offs. What's wrong with that?

He may have a decent fountain pen, business card holder, steel brief case, drives a BMW and a reasonable education. What's wrong with that?

So, consider yourself to be challenged. Up to you if you take it personal, or just flow with it as it was meant to be.

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Based on what? (just asking so don't take it wrong)

Metro-sexual man wears a business suit because his job requires it and if he does, why not do it the right way and pay a little more for something that looks and feels good. He dabs on a bit of cologne because he doesn't want to smell like a pig, yet not enough to be overpowering. Metro-sexual women don't mind him sporting a bit because she has her Chanel #5 perfume. And what's wrong with that?

A Metro-sexual man knows where he stands sexually (most being heterosexual) and doesn't give a rats ass what others think because he has no low self-esteem like those judging him.

He goes to the kick boxing gym after work. He eats healthy. Has a decent enough apartment to take his bitches (excuse me, his ladies) back for some romance, red wine, sucking and fucking. He may even get the BBQ going and do something in the kitchen, for her. before commencing with body liquid trade-offs. What's wrong with that?

He may have a decent fountain pen, business card holder, steel brief case, drives a BMW and a reasonable education. What's wrong with that?

So, consider yourself to be challenged. Up to you if you take it personal, or just flow with it as it was meant to be.
Your description applies to any semi-successful hetero-sexual man.

However, a guy that uses moisturizers, has facials done, carries a purse, admires himself in a mirror (dressed or naked), is "in touch with his feminine side" etc gets "a raised eye brow" from me.

I work in a business environment, where all of the management guys wear suits on regular basis. They wear the really expensive stuff when the CEO comes to town...

Would I call them metro-sexual? No, they are just guys that made a different career choice.

Personally, I do prefer a man that looks great in jeans and a shirt, takes care of himself and is comfortable with wearing a suit when necessary.

So, yeah.... I don't feel challenged.

P.S. I HATE Chanel #5

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
^ agree. stuff stinks. my mom used to wear lauren or something 24/7 when I was a kid. :-&

-moo rificous. jiff spifferous.-

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
This thread was just an excuse to post more (albeit the same) pictures!

Not that I mind, of course.

Can we try shirtless next week?

Thanks.