Scabman coffee-man

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Scabbers,

I was at McD's this morning for a coffee and can you guess what the cashier asked me??
Do you want McLatte, McCappacino or McCafe?
What the HELL!? McD's is on the Coffee culture trend too??

Secondly, there is some wild cat (true story) in Ethiopia that eats coffee beans.
He shits them out, someone cleans it up and they sell a shot for....$US 100!!

Can you believe that? How in the hell does this cats digestive tract add positively to the flavor of coffee is beyond me.

Question is: are you willing to put down $100 for a shot of this :61: coffee?

mcsmc

Yaa!
Apr 4, 2008
Both subjects you mention are old news.

Anyway, everyone's going gourmet with coffee now, and it's not a cat that "eats" coffee beans, it's a small animal, I forget what, and it simply passes them through its digestive tract and apparently it enhances the flavor. Big deal. You, of all people, would be the last person I'd suspect to be surprised or annoyed at something like this.

Besides, why is this thread dedicated to Scabby? Are you hitting on him? I don't think he's into older men.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
The McDonalds thing is not new to me, but the animal poop one is..ewwww. I recently started drinking coffee since they opened up a starbucks close by, and everytime I'd pass it, I would love the smell, so I gave it a rry and wow.. lol. I was always against starbucks because it's overpriced and full of snobs, but it's goooood.

JackBlack

SoBer
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Out of State, out of mind.
Scabbers,

I was at McD's this morning for a coffee and can you guess what the cashier asked me??

Secondly, there is some wild cat (true story) in Ethiopia that eats coffee beans.
He shits them out, someone cleans it up and they sell a shot for.... 100!!

Can you believe that? How in the hell does this cats digestive tract add positively to the flavor of coffee is beyond me.

Now you can tell us how this catshit coffee was?

Well?

No, I would not spend 100 bucks on anything that came from an ass.

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
Scabbers,

Since I never go to McDonalds or Burger King, I have no idea if they've "advanced" to that degree in Norway.
But I do wish that we'll soon get a Starbucks around here, I really miss their cappuccino.

Oh, and about that cat of yours, it's an Asian Palm Civet that reside in parts of Asia(duh), like Vietnam and Indonesia. The coffee is called Kopi Luwak, and is the most expensive coffee in the world at between $120 and $600 USD per pound. And since it's produced in places that also make Blue Java, I am convinced that it taste like nectar from Gods balls.

So to answer your question. Yes, if I ever get that chance, I will go for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Palm_Civet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Both subjects you mention are old news.

Besides, why is this thread dedicated to Scabby? Are you hitting on him? I don't think he's into older men.
The following two underlined portions of the postings below have proved you to be completely wrong.
I am surprised, not annoyed.

"At least make a concerted effort to keep on topic."

This quote is from above. Keep this in mind in regards to your last statement. Your comment is off topic as far as I am concerned.
And fuckwad, I can address whom ever I want. Why should you care.

The McDonald's thing is not new to me, but the animal poop one is..ewwww.
Since I never go to McDonald's or Burger King, I have no idea if they've "advanced" to that degree in Norway.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
The McDonalds thing is not new to me, but the animal poop one is..ewwww. I recently started drinking coffee since they opened up a starbucks close by, and everytime I'd pass it, I would love the smell, so I gave it a rry and wow.. lol. I was always against starbucks because it's overpriced and full of snobs, but it's goooood.
It is usually the Snobs who create strange things make a big fuss of it.
I while back, escargot was being used to replace caviar.?

Since I never go to McDonalds or Burger King, I have no idea if they've \"advanced\" to that degree in Norway.
But I do wish that we'll soon get a Starbucks around here, I really miss their cappuccino.
That was my point. I usually don't go to McD's. I was quite surprised.

Oh, and about that cat of yours, it's an Asian Palm Civet that reside in parts of Asia(duh), like Vietnam and Indonesia. The coffee is called Kopi Luwak, and is the most expensive coffee in the world at between $120 and $600 USD per pound. And since it's produced in places that also make Blue Java, I am convinced that it taste like nectar from Gods balls.

So to answer your question. Yes, if I ever get that chance, I will go for it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Palm_Civet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak
Thanks for the info about the cat and the url's.
I may try some myself, but only if you buy it for me.

MoonChild69

douceur de vivre
Mar 31, 2008
NY
Scabbers,

No... But I am willing to put down $100.00 just to watch you drink that shot.
:yociexp37:

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
bump

Scabman, do you refrigerate your coffee?

I think I saw a movie (?Vocano?) and the hero and his bitch were into coffee and talking about it not wise to refrigerate the coffee because it dries out the oils or something.

Your take on this world saving question?

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
bump

Scabman, do you refrigerate your coffee?

I think I saw a movie (?Vocano?) and the hero and his bitch were into coffee and talking about it not wise to refrigerate the coffee because it dries out the oils or something.

Your take on this world saving question?

In order to make a ice-coffee, you need the espresso to be cold and the fastest way for it to chill is to put the shit in the freezer.
So... yes. I'm a goddamn heathen!

But my coffee always tastes yummeh :yociexp77:

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
Well, he really didn't answer the question, did he.

I mentioned something about making cold coffee, so therefore, those cases for making cold coffee, he stores it in the fridge.

So I think?:02:
I completely misunderstood the question, and I must apologize.
Grounded coffee and coffee beans in general should mainly just be stored in a dry place in a air thigh container.
That's how I'm raised at least.

But since this is a coffee thread and all I feel that I must quote a reliable source on this important issue so your mind can be put at rest.

dude on intranets said:
If you are wondering about the refrigerator, it is a no-no for coffee. Since the temperature is generally around 37 degrees, the water that is inside doesn't freeze. It is a cold mist that lingers on the coffee and there are even more scents and flavor molecules floating around. Liquid water is coffee's worst enemy during storage. Under no circumstance would I ever recommend using the refrigerator for storing coffee.
http://www.ineedcoffee.com/99/storage/