Scientology v Wiki

SlimSkeeter

Wikipedia Bans Church of Scientology

06/01/09

Wikipedia - the online encyclopedia that anyone can edit - have banned the Church of Scientology from changing entries on their site.

The ban, voted for last week by the Wikipedia arbitration committee, means that all computers owned by the freaky cult "church" will be blocked from editing.

Bosses say the move was brought in after it was discovered that the Church had been editing Scientology-related articles and removing or adding information to promote the Church's studies.

While some claim the move will prevent the group from misrepresenting themselves on Wikipedia, other say it just means other users won't see what a bunch of nutjobs they are.
A statement on Wikipedia said: "All IP addresses owned or operated by the Church of Scientology and its associates, broadly interpreted, are to be blocked as if they were open proxies.

"Individual editors may request IP block exemption if they wish to contribute from the blocked IP addresses.

Link:Wikipedia

I'm a bit late posting this but I still thing this is funny. According to Wikipedia, Scientologists have been very underhanded in their tactics. What else is new?

Scientology is not a church, its a cutthroat business venture masquerading as a bastion of enlightenment. The fact that they have fiddled with the Wiki entries enough to come to the attention of the owners of Wikipedia just shows how ridiculous they have been in their tactics.

Any Scientologists in the audience? Prove me wrong. Show me that you have the One Truth that has been sought for generations. I dare you. You can't do it, any more than the rest of these religions can. It doesn't work that way.

In order to be a believer, you have to take certain things on faith. Like why the holy books don't actually make sense when you read them. I say, a God powerful enough to do everything claimed in the books should be smart enough to be able to put 2 and 2 together to make 4.

bahumbas

Dude!
Aug 29, 2009
Interesting article.........
I have been critical of Scientology ever since I knew of its existence. I am just glad Wikipedia finally decided to not take these jokers seriously.

SlimSkeeter

I thought it was interesting as well....but I guess it wasn't interesting enough to warrant comments til now. Thanks for reading!