Scotland

Lanikuhana

Moi Lolita
Mar 21, 2008
Blackburn, England
I remember it much as one recalls a dream… or a nightmare. I was on a budget flight to Norway, when a storm hit and forced us to ditch in Glasgow. I was stranded, and it's so hilly up there you can't get any signal on your mobile phone. It looked bad – it looked like I was going to have to spend the night in Glasgow.

The cabin crew suggested we all go out and club it. I had no option; it was that or one of their B&Bs. I figured it’d be safer on the streets. For the first time ever I saw the Scots in their natural habitat, and it wasn't pretty. I'd seen them huddling in stations before, being loud but… this time I was surrounded. Everywhere I went it felt like they were watching me; fish-white flesh puckered by the Highland breeze; tight eyes peering out for fresh meat; screechy, booze-soaked voices hollering out for a taxi to take 'em halfway up the road to the next all-night watering hole. A shatter of glass; a round of applause; a sixteen-year-old mother of three vomiting in an open sewer, bairns looking on, chewing on potato cakes.

I'm never going back… not ever.

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
I really like you, I think you have a special way with words, even if you are a closet homo.

But you wrote that like a year ago on FY. (Maybe not a year, but I remember it distinctly).

Are you really THAT bored?

Saucy

San Antonio, TX
I really like you, I think you have a special way with words, even if you are a closet homo.

But you wrote that like a year ago on FY. (Maybe not a year, but I remember it distinctly).

Wow. The fact that you could remember every post by every member on 3...4 different forums makes you a hella lame houseskank.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
I remember it much as one recalls a dream… or a nightmare. I was on a budget flight to Norway, when a storm hit and forced us to ditch in Glasgow. I was stranded, and it's so hilly up there you can't get any signal on your mobile phone. It looked bad – it looked like I was going to have to spend the night in Glasgow.

The cabin crew suggested we all go out and club it. I had no option; it was that or one of their B&Bs. I figured it’d be safer on the streets. For the first time ever I saw the Scots in their natural habitat, and it wasn't pretty. I'd seen them huddling in stations before, being loud but… this time I was surrounded. Everywhere I went it felt like they were watching me; fish-white flesh puckered by the Highland breeze; tight eyes peering out for fresh meat; screechy, booze-soaked voices hollering out for a taxi to take 'em halfway up the road to the next all-night watering hole. A shatter of glass; a round of applause; a sixteen-year-old mother of three vomiting in an open sewer, bairns looking on, chewing on potato cakes.

I'm never going back… not ever.
Beautifully written...I love it.
:yociexp77:

Hardwood

Apr 25, 2008

I didn't see it. Not everyone here goes to those forums.
I appreciate the post, well done, thanks.

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
I never heard about when you went to Norway, when I think about it. Didn't your family come from Espeland?

Lanikuhana

Moi Lolita
Mar 21, 2008
Blackburn, England

I dunno. I post stories/threads I think are funny/interesting on multiple forums. I was browsing through my old threads on yet another forum I frequent, dug this one up, remembered liking it, and decided to post it here too.

Easytrigger

Alcohol Fueled
Apr 18, 2008
Earth
I dunno. I post stories/threads I think are funny/interesting on multiple forums. I was browsing through my old threads on yet another forum I frequent, dug this one up, remembered liking it, and decided to post it here too.
Don't do that again. :yociexp34: