Screw you Dell!

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
I purchased an XPS 1530 in January. A month later, i started having issues with it. I got a replacement 2 weeks after I complained, and this one wouldn't start unless it was plugged in. They sent over a guy to repair it, he put in a new motherboard, and changed the battery. It worked. Now, it shuts off without notice, and he ruined my KB. So they sent over a new KB and a new motherboard yet again. I called and asked for a refund. They said after 21 days, they don't give refunds. I fought that because Im going away in like 3 weeks, and need someone reliable for my school work. The woman I spoke with assured me that a brand new laptop will arrive in about two weeks, and if that doesn't work right, to call and I will get my refund. WTF. Why don;t they just give me the fucking refund? I don't want to deal with Dell anymore.. grrrr! I don't understand why they just dont send a GOOD laptop. And why cant I get someone who speaks english on the phone? UGH.

4nik8

Herban Legend
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
Hick-ville
I purchased an XPS 1530 in January. A month later, i started having issues with it. I got a replacement 2 weeks after I complained, and this one wouldn't start unless it was plugged in. They sent over a guy to repair it, he put in a new motherboard, and changed the battery. It worked. Now, it shuts off without notice, and he ruined my KB. So they sent over a new KB and a new motherboard yet again. I called and asked for a refund. They said after 21 days, they don't give refunds. I fought that because Im going away in like 3 weeks, and need someone reliable for my school work. The woman I spoke with assured me that a brand new laptop will arrive in about two weeks, and if that doesn't work right, to call and I will get my refund. WTF. Why don;t they just give me the fucking refund? I don't want to deal with Dell anymore.. grrrr! I don't understand why they just dont send a GOOD laptop. And why cant I get someone who speaks english on the phone? UGH.
That made me laugh.

"I don't get it. This thing won't work in the O-F-F position"

Actual quote from a pilot while I was an AT in the NAV concerning one of the HUD functions.

DaKine

nOb
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
USA

Karma is working I see. See what happens when you treat people like shit? Or does that black cloud just roost above that house of your's

Chriss

BAMF
Mar 15, 2008
Tampa, FL
UGH I hate that you are going through this bullshit. You know I've had my share of problems with my lovely little Dell, too, but my bullshit happened like a day and a half AFTER the warranty expired...just make the fuckers give you a new computer, go on vacation (or should I say GET YOUR ASS HERE DAMNIT!) and then get your money back lol...they fucked you over, time for you to do the same to them! :yociexp34:

Chriss

BAMF
Mar 15, 2008
Tampa, FL
I just got a Dell for Christmas but I've had no problems with it.

But mine's just an Inspiron.
That's what mine is. I got my Inspiron in July 06. I had a problem with it a few months ago, fought with Dell for days to get the stupid system restore disks, fixed the problem and its working perfectly again.

Celtic Crusher

Made You Look
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
Éire (Ireland)
That's what mine is. I got my Inspiron in July 06. I had a problem with it a few months ago, fought with Dell for days to get the stupid system restore disks, fixed the problem and its working perfectly again.
Hopefully mine will work fine without any fuck ups.

I'll cross all my fingers just in case.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
Hopefully mine will work fine without any fuck ups.

I'll cross all my fingers just in case.

[/IMG]
HA! Im sure it will. I was told that the inspirons are pretty good aside from feeling cheap. I just had a good discount from my school, and decided to use it and wanted the one that I have. BIG mistake. If this next replacement doesn;t work, im demanding my money back. The lady who I speak with said I would get my money back if i have issues with the next. Stupid asses.

*Lins*

You Fail.
Founder
Mar 16, 2008
Canada
I love it when people say this and don't elaborate as to why.

In my experience and personal opinion, Mac vs. Windows for the average computer user these days is irrelevant.

There is no need to elaborate. Mac is a better computer. Buy one and see.

Lanikuhana

Moi Lolita
Mar 21, 2008
Blackburn, England
There is no need to elaborate. Mac is a better computer. Buy one and see.
An entire company built around the idea that computer users are too stupid to do basic shit like turn their computer on.

I've tried macs. I think they suck. I'll stick with Windows, even though it's just as shitty.

Celtic Crusher

Made You Look
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
Éire (Ireland)
HA! Im sure it will. I was told that the inspirons are pretty good aside from feeling cheap. I just had a good discount from my school, and decided to use it and wanted the one that I have. BIG mistake. If this next replacement doesn;t work, im demanding my money back. The lady who I speak with said I would get my money back if i have issues with the next. Stupid asses.
All I really wanted it for was internet use and burning dvds and music. It would have just been a waste to go for the bigger one. Besides, things these days are too technological and a lot of devises can't even support the technology they come equipped with.

Over here, and I'd imagine it to be pretty much the same globally, you are entitled to the three 'R's. Repair, replace or refund. But I don't think you're entitled to a refund until they have tried to fix it at least three times. Not over here anyway. So if they're offering a refund, I'd take it.

I don't think it will. Just don't throw it against a wall or anything :)
:77: It's already been dropped on the floor. Thee screen broke but everything else is fine.