Sexual Harassment in the Workplace

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
There is a double standard concerning sexual harassment in my workplace between women and men. As far as unsolicited advances, I have noticed that when a man is accused he is given a pat on the back with a congratulatory “go get ‘em boy†grin. The women who accuse the guy are usually looked upon as overeating drama queens seeking attention. The credence given to this situation leans towards the thought that the guy was participating in a little harmless flirting while thinking that the woman should be flattered. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
On the other hand, if a guy accuses a woman then the whole situation changes. You would think that most people would find it ludicrous that the women could be a harasser. This is not the case. I have seen women torn to shreds from being accused of flirting with their male coworkers. The company in general jumps on this situation in fear that they will be accused of not taking the charge seriously due to the gender issue. They are afraid that they in themselves will be sued for discrimination if they do not take the accusing man serious.<o:p></o:p>
Some of the situations that I have recently seen involve couples who were at one time dating but have since called it quits. The woman usually reports that the guy continues to treat them in a sexual manner. It seems that the guys think that since they were once involved that they can continue to flirt and make sexual advances. The company treats the woman as if she deserves it and makes light of the situation. Again the guy is looked at by coworkers as a conquering stud.<o:p></o:p>
On the other hand, if a guy reports that he is being treated unfairly due to a previous relationship the company investigates. The woman is accused of having no morals or ethics and her coworkers treat her as if she were a slut and assumes she is guilty of wrong doings instead of just being guilty of having made a bad decision. From what I saw it boiled down to the guy being rejected and wanting to retaliate but the company could not risk treating it as such. The company launched a massive investigation which accomplished nothing except for making a private situation public. The guy was eventually fired due to his non stop slandering but the woman is still considered guilty and is treated as such.<o:p></o:p>
What are your thoughts?<o:p></o:p>

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
I think you work in the most drama filled back assward place on the planet.

Truth be told in the places I've worked its just the opposite. If a guy says to a woman you look nice today he's written up for harassment yet a woman can physically touch a man inappropriately and no one sees it as an issue. I actually know of a gal who left her panties in a guys desk and nothing was done about it even though he made it very clear it was unwanted.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
I think you work in the most drama filled back assward place on the planet.
True. I think it is because I work in a predominately male field. We have around 150 guys here versus 30 or so women. It keeps things intersting.

Cúchulainn

Asshole 7
Apr 11, 2008
Again, my hero Michael Crichton has covered this:

Disclosure

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disclosure_(novel)
I... Damn. I hate this. HATE this.

But that was an awesome book. I like Michael Crichton.

I hate agreeing with that commie fuck, Buddha.

Anyway, yeah, I've only ever seen it vice versa. Even here in the Army, its fucking crazy. I don't even talk to female Soldiers if I can avoid it because I've seen so many male Soldiers go down for 'sexual harassment' its not even funny. The vast majority of the time, its not even really the male's fault, the female either misconstrued something or she's just a vindictive whore out to get someone.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
I don't even talk to female Soldiers if I can avoid it because I've seen so many male Soldiers go down for 'sexual harassment' its not even funny. The vast majority of the time, its not even really the male's fault, the female either misconstrued something or she's just a vindictive whore out to get someone.
Yea, this actually scares me half to death about physical therapy. More PT's lose their jobs from sexual harassment than for any other reason...

Sometimes ya gotta get all up in people's garbage. Sometimes you try to help the wrong person.

funeeman

Spank Me!
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
North Main Street
Yea, this actually scares me half to death about physical therapy. More PT's lose their jobs from sexual harassment than for any other reason...

Sometimes ya gotta get all up in people's garbage. Sometimes you try to help the wrong person.
One of my best friend owns a clinic. Well. . . actually a few of them and they have a strict one male one female in the room doing the therapy policy just for that reason.

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
One of my best friend owns a clinic. Well. . . actually a few of them and they have a strict one male one female in the room doing the therapy policy just for that reason.
If I was in the medical field then I would use this policy just to keep people in line. Guys are the worst. They seem to think the 'ole finger in the rectum procedure is a sexual advance. They get so excited that the second medical tech is needed to keep the guy from raping the one doing the probing.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
If I was in the medical field then I would use this policy just to keep people in line. Guys are the worst. They seem to think the 'ole finger in the rectum procedure is a sexual advance. They get so excited that the second medical tech is needed to keep the guy from raping the one doing the probing.
I'm not really sure what clinic you've been going to...

But where can I apply?