So I've been taking piano lessons.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Oh dude that was awesome!
You messed up on a few parts but you'll get better!

Good job kiddo!

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
That was not bad.... All you need is a little bit more practice.

Next stop "American Idol".

:yociexp108:

Shade

I fucking rule!
Mar 20, 2008
Nowhere
hahahahah Ahh-haaaa ok that will do it...

That was pretty damn good. Takes balls to do shit like that.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Do it again and sing louder, please! The more air you get goin', the easier it is to go with the flow.

Encore! Encore! Hehehe. Good job :)

Celtic Crusher

Made You Look
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
Éire (Ireland)
Shit, after reading your writing at the start I was expecting a God awful mess, but that was pretty damn god! How long have you been playing?

I wanna learn the piano so I was going to buy a key board and work my way up. In your personal opinion, would this be a good way to start or would you recommend lessons?

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
SInce I bought a keyboard once with the same idea, I feel as though I'm an expert on how NOT to do it.

My expert advice: Get lessons.

dunamis

Oh, I see.
Founder
Mar 16, 2008
zorachus.net

I'll sing louder next time. I also agree with Polar Bear: Get lessons. There's a lot that a good pianist can teach you that you'll never find in instruction books.

Titty

Proud White Boy
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Where the sun doesn't shine
That actually wasn't bad at all, Dunamis. Piano is a lot harder than most people think. Your left and right hands are operating at differing intervals (especially in a song like that). Add in the vocalizing at the same time and it's definitely no easy feat. Good job.

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
It's seems as you should relax more in regards to the piano playing as well, since it sounded a bit static. It's a pretty fragile song so try to be more gentle. Still, much better than anything I could do, so I hope to hear more from your process of getting better =)

I really regret quitting the piano lessons when I was 10, what a silly boy I was.

suki

Family
Apr 1, 2008
dunamis,

you actually have quite a passable voice...and only seemed to falter when you missed up a little on the accompaniment.

ps. good work on the high note, hotshot.

as for your buddy nathan...

the piano sound was massively tinny (cause the camera was on it), but his voice is really nice.

I really see no difference between the two of you other than confidence and experience.

will you sign my boobies?