Sorry dude, you're TOO FAT to fly

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/851564/32st-man-kicked-off-jet.html

A 32-STONE man was thrown off a transatlantic flight for being TOO FAT - and robbed of the chance to say farewell to a dying aunt.

Hefty Sandy Russell burst into tears when a stewardess marched him off the Air Transat plane.

He was then offered another flight - but only if he paid for TWO full-price tickets from Gatwick to Toronto.

Disabled Sandy, 32, couldn't afford the £928 charge and his Aunt Judy died of bowel cancer in Canada two days after he was due to see her.

Last night he said: "I was absolutely devastated.

"I hardly cry, and there I was reduced to tears out of frustration and humiliation in the middle of the airport."

Sandy was booted off the full plane last Saturday because his 52-inch girth was overflowing into the next seat.

And although the passenger beside him didn't complain, the armrest couldn't be lowered for take-off, as demanded by the airline's regulations.

Sandy, from Wolverhampton, said it was never explained that his size could be a problem, and he passed through check-in and the departure gate without trouble.

"The worst thing is, my aunt has died now," he said.

"By the time I got home from the airport, she was too ill to talk on the phone, so I couldn't even say goodbye to her.

"I'm not small, I don't deny it. But that doesn't mean I should be treated so disrespectfully."

Air Transat agreed to refund Sandy's ticket price "as a gesture of goodwill." A spokesman said: "We can't ask people their measurements before they book a flight - it's a breach of their human rights.

"In this case, the armrest would not go down and separate Mr Russell from the lady beside him - and he was taking up more than a third of her seat."

TAM Fry, spokesman from the National Obesity Forum, says: "The overweight passenger should really be offered the next flight which has spare seats available, or be upgraded to a wider seat.

"This is what happens in the States and I don't think it will be long before it happens here."

Bridget Benelam, from the British Nutrition Foundation, says: "People should be shown respect whatever their size."

AVIATION expert Terry Tozer, a former captain with British Airways, believes that squashing obese passengers into single seats is dangerous for all those flying.

He says: "It is important that you don't have a person blocking an emergency exit. If something goes wrong, they may block an exit or even trap a person in their seat. If there is no spare seat for an overweight person, that equates to there being too many people on a flight."

____

All I can say is .... LOL.

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
Sandy was booted off the full plane last Saturday because his 52-inch girth was overflowing into the next seat.
He should of known better. I don't care if it was rubbing against his jeans.
And although the passenger beside him didn't complain, the armrest couldn't be lowered for take-off, as demanded by the airline's regulations.
I bet she didn't.
Sandy, from Wolverhampton, said it was never explained that his size could be a problem, and he passed through check-in and the departure gate without trouble.
Nobody wants to talk to a fatty.
"The worst thing is, my aunt has died now," he said.
Always a sob story newspapers love.
"By the time I got home from the airport, she was too ill to talk on the phone, so I couldn't even say goodbye to her.
Okay it's pretty bad
"I'm not small, I don't deny it. But that doesn't mean I should be treated so disrespectfully."
I hate how fat people think it's fine to be overweight. It is NOT! He deserves everything he got, and if he didn't have a dying aunt trump card then this would never have been a story. Everyone hates fat people, including newspaper journalists.

SittinGrumpy

32 Stones = 448 Pounds

for those of you too lazy or stupid to find out for yourselves

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
You have the same interwebs that the rest of us do, tard.
32 Stones = 448 Pounds

for those of you too lazy or stupid to find out for yourselves
It's wasn't my point of being lazy nor not noticing Google, fuckasses, it was done on purpose to keep the flow going.

99.98865789% of all questions asked here can and could be answered by google but here's the real shocker: This is a forum. A place for discussion and to keep discussions going, is to forgo the easy way, fuckasses.

448 / 32 = 14 pounds per stone. Thank. I got it from one members asinine contribution to the thread.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
It's wasn't my point of being lazy nor not noticing Google, fuckasses, it was done on purpose to keep the flow going.

99.98865789% of all questions asked here can and could be answered by google but here's the real shocker: This is a forum. A place for discussion and to keep discussions going, is to forgo the easy way, fuckasses.

448 / 32 = 14 pounds per stone. Thank. I got it from one members asinine contribution to the thread.

And guess what ..

Poking the tard in the box is also a way to generate mirthful posting.

Consider yourself poked. Tard.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Ive had the pleasure of riding next to obese ppl before. Im glad he was booted. If youre too busy wasting income on too much food and therefore cannot afford your fatass, gtfo.

And why is he 'disabled' ? Obesity?

Im happy to see an airline finally doing this.. instead of sticking a kid (yep) or someone skinny (yep) next to the monstrous, heaving mound that DOES block all other passengers.

And u know where they insist to sit? The aisle seat. Because its more comfortable and they can go to the restroom if they so choose (they never do).

Asked to heave their fatass out the way so YOU can relieve your bladder, they say theyre disabled and cant move.

Im sure thats the way they justify sucking welfare and ss benefits.. from the comfort of their super extra wide lazy boy recliner.

Tragic he was too fat to say goodbye to his aunt, dying of bowel cancer. Wonder what she was stuffing in said bowel.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
Ive had the pleasure of riding next to obese ppl before. Im glad he was booted. If youre too busy wasting income on too much food and therefore cannot afford your fatass, gtfo.

And why is he 'disabled' ? Obesity?

Im happy to see an airline finally doing this.. instead of sticking a kid (yep) or someone skinny (yep) next to the monstrous, heaving mound that DOES block all other passengers.

And u know where they insist to sit? The aisle seat. Because its more comfortable and they can go to the restroom if they so choose (they never do).

Asked to heave their fatass out the way so YOU can relieve your bladder, they say theyre disabled and cant move.

Im sure thats the way they justify sucking welfare and ss benefits.. from the comfort of their super extra wide lazy boy recliner.

Tragic he was too fat to say goodbye to his aunt, dying of bowel cancer. Wonder what she was stuffing in said bowel.

Haha, you are worse than me when it comes to fatty hate.

@Kommie; In real life, do you ever ask people how tall they are? and then ask them to convert it into mm for you?

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Fat people smell funny too.

I wonder why they never mention that.
Stink? Yes, they do. When i was 8 or 9, i was flying unaccompanied minor on a long ass flight. It was full and a morbidly obese woman was taking up two seats, so they stuffed me next to her. She kept falling asleep with her hands interlaced over her massive gut.. and then the pull of her heaving breathing would knock them down onto me. Something was wrong with her skin, even on her palms. Everytime one hit me, it would leave a smear of dead skin on my clothes.

She was so gross and stunk so bad that the guy in the other seat said "i would normally never offer this, and it might sound weird, but would u like to sit in my lap?"

Omg, i was so happy. I sat on his knees for the rest of the flight.

When we got off, he said "i am so sorry. That was horrible."

4nik8

Herban Legend
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
Hick-ville
Stink? Yes, they do. When i was 8 or 9, i was flying unaccompanied minor on a long ass flight. It was full and a morbidly obese woman was taking up two seats, so they stuffed me next to her. She kept falling asleep with her hands interlaced over her massive gut.. and then the pull of her heaving breathing would knock them down onto me. Something was wrong with her skin, even on her palms. Everytime one hit me, it would leave a smear of dead skin on my clothes.

She was so gross and stunk so bad that the guy in the other seat said "i would normally never offer this, and it might sound weird, but would u like to sit in my lap?"

Omg, i was so happy. I sat on his knees for the rest of the flight.

When we got off, he said "i am so sorry. That was horrible."

Yeah, I couldn't help myself.

About the memory, yuuuuuuuuuuck!
Now I feel the need to gargle with bleach... or wash my eyes with it... or ...something.

I think I woulda made a scene. Even at a young age I was obnoxious.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
^ Ew, that was seriously graphic and gross Josie.

Props for writing descriptiveness, but yeah...

And I'm about to eat. Yummy!