Student, 20, arrested for ‘frying hamster in a pan for 'laughs' at wild house party

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
2,288
1
66
Police have arrested a 20-year-old student who is alleged to have cooked a hamster in a frying pan when a raucous house party got out of control.

Officers were called to the flat in York and were left horrified to discover the pet rodent dead in a frying pan in the kitchen.



They had broken up the wild party after calls from neighbours complaining about the noise and it is thought an investigation will now hinge on whether or not the hamster was already dead before it was fried.

North Yorkshire Police confirmed that a joint investigation has been launched with the RSPCA over the incident.

A spokesman said 'A 20-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of causing unnecessary suffering to a protected animal.

'He has been released on bail while inquiries continue.'

According to the RSPCA someone in the UK dials their 24 hour cruelty line, on average, every 30 seconds.

last year they investigated 159,686 cruelty complaints and secured 2,441 convictions by private prosecution to protect animals against those who break the laws.

Last month, Paul Henry was sentenced to six months in jail after he cooked a pet cat to death in a microwave in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire.



Lincoln Magistrates Court heard how 45-year-old Henry had cooked his friend's beloved black and white moggy 'Suzie' after he was left home alone at his flat.

The cat's owner Andrew Parsons, 38, returned from work to find the remains of the 18-month-old cat in the microwave oven and the words 'Menu fried cat £1.20' written on the kitchen wall of the flat.

District Judge John Stobart told Henry, that he was passing the maximum sentence the law allowed after describing it as the 'worse case of animal cruelty' he could imagine.

He told Henry the cat was killed in 'the most brutal and sadistic way' and added, 'I can't think of a worse case of animal cruelty.

'When Andrews Parsons eventually returned home he was to find his TV broken, his light fitting destroyed and the cat dead in the microwave after suffering the most appalling death.

Prosecutions for animal cruelty have been enforced since 2007, when the Animal Welfare Act became law in England.

The Act places a legal obligation on owners and keepers of animals to care for them properly.




--------

Urg, disgusting.

Also, that cat story is the worst case I've ever heard. :( How could a "friend" do this? Fucked up.
 

Syenite

Flying squirrel vagina
Founder
Oct 23, 2013
582
37
28
Redneckville, Canada.
Y'know, I have a friend who's child (who was four or five, I'm not sure which) who decided to put the cat in the microwave. Why he did it, I have no idea. The cat was only in there for a second or two before the mom pressed the button and got the cat out, but sadly it died a few months later from leukemia (I think that's what it was). Sad.