Suicide Jumper "Assisted"

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
BEIJING - Chen Fuchao, a man heavily in debt, had been contemplating suicide on a bridge in southern China for hours when a passer-by came up, shook his hand — and pushed him off the ledge.

Chen fell 26 feet (8 meters) onto a partially inflated emergency air cushion laid out by authorities and survived, suffering spine and elbow injuries, the official Xinhua News Agency said Saturday.

The passer-by, 66-year-old Lai Jiansheng, had been fed up with what he called Chen's "selfish activity," Xinhua said. Traffic around the Haizhu bridge in the city of Guangzhou had been backed up for five hours and police had cordoned off the area.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30896807/

Haha...I love the public spirit of the good samaritan.

SittinGrumpy

Suicide is for cowards .... I would have wanted to push him off too lol

SlimSkeeter

8 meters.
Pfffft.
Sounds more like a outcry for attention than an attempt to end ones own life.
Homo.
Note from Dr Skeeter:

All public suicide attempts are cries for attention at their roots. Even a lot of "private" ones are, in fact.

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
Wow. This is quite a bump. Whatever.

I was sat in traffic for over 6 hours just last week (Friday 28 August) because of a suicidal person on a bridge. Granted, it was a fucking BIG bridge, but he went over anyway.... after hours of negotiation with police and psychologists. That twat caused a 25 mile car-park on the M5. We should have been home by 1830 but didn't get there until 0130hrs.

I had three kids in the car. If he wasn't already dead I'd killed him.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Wow. This is quite a bump. Whatever.

I was sat in traffic for over 6 hours just last week (Friday 28 August) because of a suicidal person on a bridge. Granted, it was a fucking BIG bridge, but he went over anyway.... after hours of negotiation with police and psychologists. That twat caused a 25 mile car-park on the M5. We should have been home by 1830 but didn't get there until 0130hrs.

I had three kids in the car. If he wasn't already dead I'd killed him.
Pssst ... I don't mind bumps of ancient threads if value can be added.