Swine Flu

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
Okay, I'm sick of hearing about the fucking thing already.
Is it as deadly as the media make out or is it just another scare tactic to sell the public vaccines, masks etc?
I am just going to put it on my long list of things that will kill me; ebola, hongkong flu, bird flu, AIDS, mad cow disease, smoking, KFC, any food, a bus, a train, a plane, a car, kids, serial killer, rapist, dying, etc etc.

4nik8

Herban Legend
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
Hick-ville
Check out the death toll for NORMAL flu in this country.(or any country for that matter)

Swine flu ain't shit.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
I don't pay attention to what's said about any flu other than human. Be it swine, avian, bird, genital warts or what have you..

How exactly does S-W-I-N-E flu translate into a dangerous pathogen for humans??

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
I was visiting a border town this weekend with the wife and was pulled over to the side getting into and out of China simply because I had an American passport.

Everyone had to fill out an extra form relating to the Swine flu.

Lots of people are wearing masks here.

The SARS epidemic in ?2002? killed 300 people including doctors and nurses in a matter of a week, so they take it seriously.

My dad is visiting here in June. Wonder what kind of immigration hell he will go through.

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
I saw some chcik wearing a mask at Westmead last thursday... kinda freaked me out a bit.

But then again the likelihood of me actually getting it are slim to none.

4nik8

Herban Legend
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
Hick-ville
How exactly does S-W-I-N-E flu translate into a dangerous pathogen for humans??
"Swine influenza (also called swine flu, hog flu, and pig flu) refers to influenza caused by those strains of influenza virus, called swine influenza virus (SIV), that usually infect pigs."

"The 2009 flu outbreak in humans, known as "swine flu", is due to a new strain of influenza A virus subtype H1N1 that contained many genetic elements normally found in swine influenza."

And my favorite part in this diatribe of Swine flu:
"The origin of this new strain is unknown"

The current strain has various types EACH of not only swine flu but avian and human as well.

Simply put, you can catch it.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hoax or not, what if the government insists on making it mandatory for everyone to get vaccinated?

[video=youtube;yqlM5dtFv0M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqlM5dtFv0M[/video]

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
Coincidently, my pathology professor, who happens to be a physician in an ER, went off on a tangent about this on Monday.

To sum up his tirade, from his knowledge of the research done on swine flew done in his field and by his own experience with infected patients, it is actually seems less severe than normal flu, but far more communicable. He further explained that the media is full of shit and needs to spread fear to keep ratings.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
It's crazy epidemic up here now. I'm pretty damn sure that the boys had it. A day after being exposed to a pretty bad case (up and close and personal - fucking assholes), they started getting feverish, had diarrhea, were coughing, etc.

I had 'em better in one day. Let me just gloat for a moment...

:laluot_01:

I'm pregnant - pregnant chicks are supposed to be catching the easiest and having the worst time with it. I felt a lil sour for half a day, but I was treating myself as well, before I had shown any signs - so that may be the cause as well. How did I do it?

-kid's immune protect (natural otc remedy)
-sambucus viral stuff for kids (natural otc remedy)
-valerian super calm for kids (to help them relax and sleep better)
-Thieves essential oil mix, full concentration, applied to their feet twice a day
-Deep Relief essential oil mix, applied to feet once a day, and full back once a day
-clove and tea tree in the carpets for breathing relief
-thieves mixed with baby vicks on their chests while sleeping - cured the coughing and hacking in one nap.

I used not to think much of the essential oils stuff. However... now... I say....

That shit is bad ass !!!

I'm not even kidding. Powerful stuff. That sambucus stuff is too. No tylenol, no motrin, nothing like that - and all this stuff kept their fevers low, when they had them, and completely zapped everything in a day.

I did the absolute most aggressive dosing for everything. If we have swine when Kurt graduates - we cannot be present. That would suck. And I do not want to get him or any of his shipmates sick either.

Everyone else I know who got sick... got really sick. Obviously, I can't say for sure - but the ONLY sick people (even a cold) we were around were the two swine assholes that mingled with my children. And timing coincided a little too well.

but yeah... mandatory vaccination = too far.

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
It's crazy epidemic up here now. I'm pretty damn sure that the boys had it. A day after being exposed to a pretty bad case (up and close and personal - fucking assholes), they started getting feverish, had diarrhea, were coughing, etc.

I had 'em better in one day. Let me just gloat for a moment...

:laluot_01:

I'm pregnant - pregnant chicks are supposed to be catching the easiest and having the worst time with it. I felt a lil sour for half a day, but I was treating myself as well, before I had shown any signs - so that may be the cause as well. How did I do it?

-kid's immune protect (natural otc remedy)
-sambucus viral stuff for kids (natural otc remedy)
-valerian super calm for kids (to help them relax and sleep better)
-Thieves essential oil mix, full concentration, applied to their feet twice a day
-Deep Relief essential oil mix, applied to feet once a day, and full back once a day
-clove and tea tree in the carpets for breathing relief
-thieves mixed with baby vicks on their chests while sleeping - cured the coughing and hacking in one nap.

I used not to think much of the essential oils stuff. However... now... I say....

That shit is bad ass !!!

I'm not even kidding. Powerful stuff. That sambucus stuff is too. No tylenol, no motrin, nothing like that - and all this stuff kept their fevers low, when they had them, and completely zapped everything in a day.

I did the absolute most aggressive dosing for everything. If we have swine when Kurt graduates - we cannot be present. That would suck. And I do not want to get him or any of his shipmates sick either.

Everyone else I know who got sick... got really sick. Obviously, I can't say for sure - but the ONLY sick people (even a cold) we were around were the two swine assholes that mingled with my children. And timing coincided a little too well.

but yeah... mandatory vaccination = too far.
Wow! You are the whackiest hippy mum ever - I'm glad it works well for you, and I'll bet your house smells great!

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Wow! You are the whackiest hippy mum ever - I'm glad it works well for you, and I'll bet your house smells great!
Hell yeah! Best side benefit ever. The clove oil is also the "motivating" oil. To me... when I read that, I was like "yeah, whatever, you gave it a job. how quaint."

but.. uh, no joke. That stuff is. It's even cured me of morning sickness. As soon as I start to feel queasy, I put it in the candles or sprinkle the carpet with it and BAM, I feel awesome and have all this energy.

<3

Anyhow - a lot of the oils have anti-microbial/fungal/bacterial properties - and immune boosting power. awesomes.

(For Blood) --> The thieves oil mix with vitamin e alone has been clearing up my skin and is safe to use for pregnancy - whereas the tea tree isn't. And it makes your face all tingly! :D