Tattoos

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
I might go get one on my ankle today. I'm thinking a faerie. A lot of people are telling me that its the most painful area, though..and Im a chicken shit.

Anyone have one on their ankle? Was it THAT bad?

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
faeries are so pedestrian. Every chick has one. They're just as bad as the skank tag on the low back.

As for ankles, it depends on what part of your ankle is getting the ink. If it's a little above the bonier areas, it won't hurt much. If you're getting it reallly close to your foot or right over any bony areas, it will hurt quite a lot. Feet have lots of nerves.

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
I might go get one on my ankle today. I'm thinking a faerie. A lot of people are telling me that its the most painful area, though..and Im a chicken shit.

Anyone have one on their ankle? Was it THAT bad?
My lizard is right above the large bone area...
No matter where you get a tattoo, you will always find someone who will tell you that this is the most painful spot EVER.
First, how do they know? Do they have a tattoo there? I would say 50% of the time... No.
I will not tell you that it didn't hurt, but I didn't jump of the chair screaming or anything like that. And I am afraid of needles! Yes, it stings... but I think it wasn't that bad.

Also, you are not sure about what type of tattoo you want? Remember that a tattoo is permanent. Maybe you should wait a little bit longer until you are 100% sure.

I know what I want for my next... Now I have to find someone to design it...

Amythist

Sneaker Pimp
Mar 21, 2008
Why? Are you a stalker??
www.myspace.com
I don't have one on my ankle but i have 6 in other places...one went across my spine and to me it tickled...everyone is diff. Got to go with what you want...no one can really tell you if it hurts , everyone takes pain differently!

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
faeries are so pedestrian. Every chick has one. They're just as bad as the skank tag on the low back.
"Skank tag" Ha! Funny.

Jenn, what ever you do, DO NOT get the Chinese characters. I have seen not only a lot of mistakes, but he quality sucks. Be sure it is a 1st or 2nd generation Asian and not some fool who thinks he's cool.

Violet

Yaa!
Founder
Feb 28, 2014

As for ankles, it depends on what part of your ankle is getting the ink. If it's a little above the bonier areas, it won't hurt much. If you're getting it reallly close to your foot or right over any bony areas, it will hurt quite a lot. Feet have lots of nerves.
Oddly enough, it didn't bother my back going over my spine much at all. It must depend on how gentle the hand working on you is.

To me, getting a tattoo reminds me of a sunburn: irritating at worst. Like Amythist said though, everyone's pain tolerance is different.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
Thanks everyone. I got my tattoo. I started slow and got a butterfly on my ankle. I know, it's very common..But I have an obsession with butterflies ever since I was little because my grandfather told me stories involving butterflies that I believed then. I'll post a picture..

And my son showing off his tattoo.. dont mind the pizza face..

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Oddly enough, it didn't bother my back going over my spine much at all. It must depend on how gentle the hand working on you is.

To me, getting a tattoo reminds me of a sunburn: irritating at worst. Like Amythist said though, everyone's pain tolerance is different.
True. I also think it has to do with the setting of the artist's gun. Some like to go deeper than others. I don't honestly know if this would actually affect anything, but I think it does.

Manis_B

Dude!
Mar 31, 2008
www.gatoforums.net
I never seen one until we started going to Florida. Then my son got obsessed and we would go out at night with our little nets and catch them. But he looooves his frogs...

haha i used to catch them all the time...my mom would be soooo pissed to find them in the sink...and i just figured out who you are.

also, hello =)