Teacher banned from classroom after calling pupil names

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
A teacher has been banned from every classroom in Britain after he threatened to staple a pupil's ears to the wall.

Nicholas Mellor also called pupils by inappropriate nicknames such as 'love', 'darling' and 'ugly face', pinched a boy's ears and touched a girl's cheeks as he called her 'baby cheeks'.

Mr Mellor, who was head of English at Walthamstow Academy in North East London, has now been banned from teaching indefinitely.

At a disciplinary hearing of the General Teaching Council's Professional Conduct Committee he was found guilty of 'unacceptable professional conduct' and the council issued a Prohibition Order banning him from teaching.

It described his actions toward Pupil B, whose ears he pinched, as 'particularly humiliating'.

Committee chair Sarah Bowie said: 'Mr Mellor's conduct fell short of the standard expected of a registered teacher and was behaviour which involved a breach of the standards of propriety expected of the profession.

'Mr Mellor's behaviour was particularly reprehensible as it involved vulnerable pupils and his behaviour in respect of Pupil B must have been particularly humiliating.'

She said that Mr Mellor's conduct was 'indicative of a deep seated attitudinal problem' and that he had failed throughout the disciplinary process to make any expression of regret or remorse.

She added: 'In light of this we can but conclude that he has no insight into his behaviour and he should not be allowed to teach.

'That said we do not think that his behaviour is so intrinsically incapable of change that he should not be allowed the opportunity to apply to re-register within a reasonable period of time.

'In doing so, he will first have to adduce evidence that he has overcome his attitudinal problems.'

Mr Mellor will not be allowed to apply to be restored to the teaching register for at least two years. He has the right to appeal his case to the High Court within 28 days.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2002922/Nicholas-Mellor-banned-classroom-calling-female-pupil-baby-cheeks.html#ixzz1PC3PIDvH

-.-

This is what is wrong with the world. The fact that teachers no longer have authority over the children they teach - means they are constantly running scared and frightened of what the school's board or people who take political correctness too far, might say.

I dare say - in the good old days, teachers were held in high revere
and children were taught to behave, or else.

And NOW they complain about the state of the world and how the younger generation is going to ruin, with lack of moral values or healthy respect.

Right.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Indeed. Mr. Bates, my 6th grade teacher has had a lifelong impact on me. LOL. Crazy old bastard. He was very strict about his classroom rules and our resident "joe cool" was once dumped into a garbage can upside down. Joe Cool went home and complained to his single parent mother... who promptly cackled at him and spread the story around our church.

:77:

It was great. Had this kind of crap been as prevalent back then, he would've been fired long before we ever stepped foot into his class. However, for all of us that had him as a teacher, we still look back fondly and attribute much of our love for learning and life as humor .. to him.

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
My old History and Latin teacher was one of the old kind. Even the "bad" kids didn't dare to do step out of line. However, I have never seen him punish anyone.

Firestorm

n00b
Founder
May 7, 2008
Somewhere
1922 was a helluva year I hear .... la la la la la.
So that's when you were in high school for the....fourth time was it? Not that YOU are old or anything (insert generic dinosaur joke here).

On topic...teachers need to go back to beating a kids ass when they get out of line. I was TERRIFIED of my 3rd grade teacher. That bitch had a yardstick ruler and loved to catch you doing dumbshit so she could smack your knuckles! Kept me in line for years because she told me once she would come get me anywhere if I goofed off and wasted my education.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
I think teachers and the education administrators should continue on listening to parents and giving in to their demands because parents know best and are well equipped in raising children.

Actually, this shit is now realized in HK. The kids have absolutely no fucking respect. Kids here grow up with parents that know nothing AND they are raised up by their domestic helpers, who are ruining the country. Domestic helpers (Malaysian, Filipinos, Indonesians and Thais) mainly come from rural or jungle environments, raising kids from babies just because the HK parents want to show their wealth that they can afford one and keep up with the Jones's or, The Wong's in this case.

They grow up with X-box or PSP or both, no parenting and if any, comes from Domestic helpers, no chores around the house, no responsibilities.
Only school work, piano lessons and learning 3 languages. That's all they need do.

Gzus

\m/ >< ..l.
Founder
Jun 20, 2009
booshz.
www.istheinternetfuckingawesome.com
I don't understand what's up with corporal punishment being banned, seriously. I remember the good old days when we used to mark the back of our school ties for everytime we got caned.

Getting caned made us awesomer.

And now teachers are getting shit for "threatening" kids?

New generation = bunch of fags.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
I don't understand what's up with corporal punishment being banned, seriously. I remember the good old days when we used to mark the back of our school ties for everytime we got caned.

Getting caned made us awesomer.

And now teachers are getting shit for "threatening" kids?

New generation = bunch of fags.

Exactly my point!

I'm always up for a good spanking. I mean... ahem.