The Baby :)

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
This thread is about babies - mine, to be exact. If you're not interested, that's great, but please keep it to yourself (just a request).

ANYwho, I finally had my little one! :yociexp77:

He was due August 2nd and was supposed to be small - about 6 and 3/4 pounds.... though they thought he would come earlier because I spent my entire 9th month going into false labor every. single. night. <-- very annoying. Ha, and I was also 4 centimeters dilated and 75-80% effaced two weeks before he was born - before that, I was 3 cents and 75%. Weeeeird.

He was, however, born right on time :) August 3rd, at 8:29 pm. It's worth mentioning that I was admitted at 8pm.... hehehe He was 8lbs, 4.8oz, 20.5"

Aaaand, for any of you who remember that I was miss "active birth" - I got my way! :) It was pretty great actually. The native hospital here is staffed with midwives and the L&D rooms all have jacuzzis, so they pretty much said "Do whatever the hell you want - it's your labor, not ours. If you want to stand to deliver, let the midwife know ahead of time so she can get you in position"

That was awesome. So, I spent my 20 minutes of hard labor in the jacuzzi and then they had my husband take me to the bed, where he held me up above the bed in a sort of squat. I pushed about 3 or 4 times and little baby Ialo was born :)

No tears, almost no swelling, and it's been about a week since I delivered and I'm almost completely recovered!

Teehee, and I took the diapers that I made for him to the hospital with me, and he wore those while we were there (and he's wearing them at home... though he's already pretty much outgrown them all :khi2d:). It was so cute.

If any of this is TMI for you... oh well. I'm excited about all this and my internet is seeming not to be all that temperamental right now, so I'm posting it. :khi7h:

:DNH:

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
2 down, 9 to go!

You can do it! Your own football team! It'd be awesome!

Congratulations, btw. Didn't even know you were knocked up again!

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Oh man thats awesome Jose, my sisters have told me horror stories about having to deliver strapped down to a hospital bed and shit. But you're a lucky punk to be able to find a place that would really make things easier on you.

Btw, congrats on the newest 'chunky monkey'! hehe
Does this mean i can still kidnap Chunky monkey number one? haha How is Eagan handling being a big brother?

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
Congrats chick! Although, you know I still want to see a least one pic of the latest addition, don't you?

And.... he's called Ialo? This is a completely new one on me! How do you pronounce this?

Sex?

I'm a dumb ass.
Jul 30, 2008
Before I read anything:

Post pics. Unless you're married to Michael Jackson.

I hate celebrity jokes.

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
Grats Josie!!

You will now have your hands VERY full, I dare say we won;t see much of you for quite a while.

Good luck though, and if you need any help I'm here for ya.

Ps- Post pics of the baby!

PPS- Woah grats to you too Titty!

InterStella

Shit Mum.... Yay!
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Rule Britannia!
Still waiting for pics... *drums fingernails on the desk*

Also - Titty! Congrats to you and your wife... how many children will that make?

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Thanks to everyone! :yociexp77:

Oh man thats awesome Jose, my sisters have told me horror stories about having to deliver strapped down to a hospital bed and shit. But you're a lucky punk to be able to find a place that would really make things easier on you.

Btw, congrats on the newest 'chunky monkey'! hehe
Does this mean i can still kidnap Chunky monkey number one? haha How is Eagan handling being a big brother?
Shout box reference, preehaps?

Ugh. Yuck. That was basically what they did to me with Eagan. I was doin' pretty alright without any drugs... I was just tearing at the bed and whatnot (NORMAL!) - and since I was making noise, I was "scaring the other pregnant women" and "needed to be quiet", so they talked my family into pressuring me into getting an epidural - which I did... RIGHT as I hit transition. Transition is as bad as the pain gets. It doesn't get any worse, it just changes to a need to push... so if they would have just left me the hell alone, I would have been fine! This makes a Sudi very angry. Yes. Yes, it does.

As for Eagan, he's doing pretty well with the whole brother bit. At first when he came to the hospital to see us, he was like "what is that WORM on my momma and WHY is it sucking on her boobies?!?" He kept trying to squirm his way into my lap and push Ialo away.

Then, we came home and really encouraged him to "help out", give kisses, etc. and now he delivers pacifiers, diapers, gives kisses to Ialo when he's fussy, gives him blankets, and dances around singing about "iawo-o-o-o-o"

:)

Congratulations Josie! What is his name?
Thanks! Ialo Merrick J.

Congrats chick! Although, you know I still want to see a least one pic of the latest addition, don't you?

And.... he's called Ialo? This is a completely new one on me! How do you pronounce this?
I want to post pics something fierce - but we have to wait until we get AK internet (still running off texas internet via my phone)

Hehe, and his name is actually really old European, now it's usually incorporated in other names in some way, but I've always really liked it. It's pronounced "eye-uh-low"

Congrats, girl! I wondered how you've been.

The latest addition to the Titty clan has an ETA of 3/31/09. God help us all.
Yay! Your turn! Congratulations :) Is Mrs. Titty just as excited? I ask because when I found out about Ialo, I was something like:

:yociexp37:

And hubby : :yociexp77:

hehe, and your little one's due date is hub's birthday lol - I wish you guys the best and hopefully no morning sickness (and big swollen boobies for you, 'course)?

Titty

Proud White Boy
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Where the sun doesn't shine
Congrats to you both, Josie and Titty!

(Better you than me.)
Thankies!

Yay! Your turn! Congratulations :) Is Mrs. Titty just as excited?

hehe, and your little one's due date is hub's birthday lol - I wish you guys the best and hopefully no morning sickness (and big swollen boobies for you, 'course)?
Thanks! We're both ecstatic. A bit surprised at first since she was only off the pill for 2 months (plus it's been 10 years since our first and 5 since the last). We weren't necessarily trying to conceive, yet we weren't not trying either.

No morning sickness as of yet (for either of us). She never had it with the others, so hopefully it won't be an issue this time either.

As for the boobies- they were big before. They're even bigger now. I can't even walk past her without at least honking one. She's probably have me arrested for molestation by the third trimester. It'll be worth it.

:14_003:

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
For the record i didn't mean to call you "Jose", it was just a typo...a damn funny typo but a typo none the less. hehe