The Bee Gees

Violet

Yaa!
Founder
Feb 28, 2014
Musical geniuses, or guys who sang in girlie voices?

My boss claims tons of music artists from every genre swear the Bee Gees were musical geniuses. Taste for disco aside, what do you think? I have difficulty forming a fair opinion, because to me it's a few dudes singing falsetto. Catchy, for disco, but genius? Hmm..

Discuss, if you will.

Video removed:

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
The BeeGees are fucking faggots. The three of them together form a dick sucking daisy chain of girly voiced lameness.

'How deep is your love' was written by Barry as a question to his boyfriend about how much of his meat tube the dude could take in his rectum before losing bowel control and shitting all over the bed.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
....fucking faggots. .... dick sucking daisy chain of girly voiced lameness.

'How deep is your love' was written by Barry as a question to his boyfriend about how much of his meat tube the dude could take in his rectum before losing bowel control and shitting all over the bed.
Ha! Listen to the Homo-erectus.

Not all their songs were girly voiced nor disco. They were the leaders along with Donna Summers with an era of music that was a forefront for others to follow like New Wave, House and Techno. Without Disco, most likely we would not be where we are today (unfortunetely), stuck with Hip-Hop.

Let's face it, the only reason you make this shit up is because you probably can't shake your ass on the floor, wall hugger.

Here's a classic and a salute to DISCO! KC and the Sunshine Band:

Video removed:

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I don't know about them being 'musical geniuses', but they do have some decent music.
Just close your eyes and listen, don't worry about how faggy they look or how girly their voices are.
Never you mind hits like 'cucumber castle' and 'fanny be tender with my love', and lets not forget 'boys do fall in love'...but yeah they totally aren't ghey...

But seriously, check out the lyrics to their songs, a lot of them are pretty damn good.
Besides, this was in the 70's, everybody dressed like gay men in the 70's, that shouldn't be a reason to hate on someones music.

Buncha shallow dicks.

Blood

Crimson Kunoichi
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Rolls eyes left, then right, up then down.......................Say Wha!!??:khi2d:
All except for you Buddha!
I'm sure you didn't follow the whole disco fad so you have nothing to be ashamed of.
But my mother and father on the other hand were pretty hardcore when it came to flamboyant 70's fashion. So i know first hand exactly how gay 70's fashion was. =)

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
Ha! Listen to the Homo-erectus.

Not all their songs were girly voiced
O'rly? Name one that wasn't.

buddhaboy said:
They were the leaders along with Donna Summers with an era of music that was a forefront for others to follow like New Wave, House and Techno.
You state this as if it were in defense of the group. That's like taking the position that Hitler wasn't all bad, and highlighting the Nazi death camps as evidence.

buddhaboy said:
Without Disco, most likely we would not be where we are today (unfortunetely), stuck with Hip-Hop.
Yeah, again....You're not really helping them here.

buddhaboy said:
Let's face it, the only reason you make this shit up is because you probably can't shake your ass on the floor, wall hugger.
Actually, you're right...I couldn't dance to save my life. Know what else I suck at? Driving my car off large cliffs. Fortunatly though, I've been successful at navigating my way around situations that force me to engage in those activities.

buddhaboy said:
KC and the Sunshine Band
That's funky!

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
O'rly? Name one that wasn't.!
"This is where I came in"
Video removed:

You state this as if it were in defense of the group. That's like taking the position that Hitler wasn't all bad, and highlighting the Nazi death camps as evidence..!
That's not a very good example you're using but I understand your neg on them. The Nazis got us the CIA and NASA.

The Bee Gees got us New Wave (David Bowies "Let's Dance", Men with no Hats...etc..) which was cool, House and Techno which is cool.

I'm highlighting what came after.

Celtic Crusher

Made You Look
Founder
Mar 3, 2008
Éire (Ireland)
I have no problem with them. Not even with their girly voices.

This is my favourite BeeGees song. It was inspired by a mining disaster in Wales 1941. A woman was trapped underneath and these are the words of her husband showing the rescuer her picture

Video removed: