The FML thread

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
This place needs an FML thread. Don't know what that is? Click here for some examples. If one has already been started then obviously my laziness and unwillingness to use the "search" feature has just been exposed.

Here we go!!!

Today, I broke the synchro in my gearbox. I have a race in 2 weeks that I've been hyped up about for the last 5 months and only $150 in my pocket. FML.

SlimSkeeter

I can top that. The other day the starter conked out on my truck. I live 25 minutes away from work (thats driving time) and 15 minutes away from the parts store. I only have $40 in my pocket. A refurbished starter costs $94 and some change. I'm now back to borrowing mom and dads truck like I'm in fuckin high school. FML

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I can top that. The other day the starter conked out on my truck. I live 25 minutes away from work (thats driving time) and 15 minutes away from the parts store. I only have $40 in my pocket. A refurbished starter costs $94 and some change. I'm now back to borrowing mom and dads truck like I'm in fuckin high school. FML
Give the starter motor a good old tap with a screwdriver or something. Sometimes that is all it takes to temporarily un-jam a buggered solenoid.

SlimSkeeter

Give the starter motor a good old tap with a screwdriver or something. Sometimes that is all it takes to temporarily un-jam a buggered solenoid.
Yeah...well, its an 88 and from the looks of it under the hood, about 90% of it is original parts, and that includes the starter. Tried smacking it a few times. Gonna crawl under the beastie in the morning, loosen the bolts and give it a good shake and see if it works after that. I'm probably better off just replacing the thing anyway, as that would only be a temporary solution.

SittinGrumpy

Slim, I use to hit mine with a broom stick and it would start, it was a 86. I did that until I could get it replaced. To say the least I only drove when i had to.

4nik8

Herban Legend
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
Hick-ville
Yeah...well, its an 88 and from the looks of it under the hood, about 90% of it is original parts, and that includes the starter. Tried smacking it a few times. Gonna crawl under the beastie in the morning, loosen the bolts and give it a good shake and see if it works after that. I'm probably better off just replacing the thing anyway, as that would only be a temporary solution.

Check into having it rebuilt.
It's usually cheaper.

4nik8

Herban Legend
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
Hick-ville
yep...$95 for a rebuild versus $127 for new.

DAMN!

But thats just there. Definitely gonna do some shopping around.
No.

I meant HAVING it rebuilt. As in taking it someone and rebuilding it.
It's usually just a bad commutator or brushes.
Worth a look in the phone book (yeah they still make those) for a shop near you and giving them a call.

Or.. look into a rebuild kit if you're the least bit mechanically inclined.

SlimSkeeter

No.

I meant HAVING it rebuilt. As in taking it someone and rebuilding it.
It's usually just a bad commutator or brushes.
Worth a look in the phone book (yeah they still make those) for a shop near you and giving them a call.
I see what you mean. Thanks!

Gravy

Trunk Monkey
Jul 1, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Today, I hijacked my own FML thread and sent it down the completely wrong track. All I'm left with now is a feeling of disappointment and a slight itch on my left nut. FML.

Wenis

Hello Ladies.
Feb 18, 2009
I passed my driving test today yey!

What's going on in here then?

SlimSkeeter

I took a sleeping pill last night and this morning I tried to put a Corelle plate with a piece of french toast in my toaster oven. I also brought a new garbage bag to the trash to replace the one I was pulling out and instead put it in the bag I just threw in the dumpster. FML

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
I was playing around with the man, and I threw his keys at him, as I turned around to run I banged my head on the edge of the wall and now have a HUGE scrape and bruise. To top things off, I have an interview today. FML

SlimSkeeter

Habanero sauce ALL up in my taco...holy fuck that hurts like hell. FML

Scabman

I has title
Founder
Mar 20, 2008
Norwyay
This happened the other week but I can still prefix it with the fucking fml "Today.."

Today(lol, not!) I went to get new license plates for my car since the old ones had been stolen buy some asshole criminals, and since I didnt have a car to drive I decided to take the bus out to the DMV. I'm still kinda new in this town so I studied the bus schedule for a good 2 minutes before I figured that the number 9 went out there. It's pretty fucking far to the place. Though, after 20 minutes on the bus, it turns around halfway and drives back. Puzzled, I get back to my starting point and decide to take the train instead. Going by the GPS on my phone, I pick a random stop that seems like it's the nearest to the DMV, and I start to walk. After two hours of walking I find it and when I'm about to open the door I see a sign "Due to a funeral we'll be closed for today". At this point, I'm so mad that I'm almost willing to rip off my remaining testicle just to have something to throw at the building. So I head back to the train, now I know the way so it only took me 1,5 hours. When I'm finally home I realized that my keys are missing, and since my friend was in Vietnam and the houseowners in Australia, there's no spare key around. Almost whimpering at this point I call a neighbour to see if he's got a couch I can sleep on for the night and as I'm on the phone with him, I step in some dog shit. FML