The oddity of: Me!

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
So I have this thing where if one of my hands is wet while the other is dry I am unable to comfortably dry the wet hand unless I FIRST wet the dry hand.

Sure ..I am able to physically do the drying but it is uncomfortable and oddly it feels as if the dry hand is unable to adequately hold the drying device (towel, for example).

In fact even having one wet hand and one dry hand is distracting enough to cause me to lose focus on a task until I correct the issue.

There, now you have it. My weak spot, disproportionate levels of moisture.

Weird huh? <label for="rb_iconid_65">
</label>

Now you !! DO IT !

Fancypants

Yaa!
Founder
Oct 31, 2013
I have something similar with me and recently wetted hands. Once my hands get wet, even after drying them off I have to wait a good 10-15 minutes before I can touch paper or paper-like products. I think it has something to do with the rough texture of paper and my hands getting overly sensitive when they get wet.

Zeabot

Californium
Founder
Oct 25, 2013
Interesting share. I think it is pretty cool that you guys recognize your oddities. After reading this thread, I started thinking about the odd things I might do. I can't come up with anything, really. While I am sure I have oddities, I can't recognize any off the top of my head -- so I am probably just less self-aware.

Kudos.

Titty

Certified Asshole
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Where the sun doesn't shine
I need to have a sip of water before I leave home- even if I'm not thirsty. If I don't, it bothers me and produces an uneasy feeling (like when you suddenly ponder whether you've locked the door or left the oven on after leaving the house). I also need to take a drink right before laying down to sleep. I can't get settled unless I do.

I can't put on socks until I determine if they're left or right, so they may go on the appropriate foot.

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
I play a game with myself where I try to perfect my hand-drying technique to such a degree that I can get away with only 4 pulls on the handle of the paper towel roll dispenser. Because I've been at it so long, I can tell you without researching that the key trick is in ignoring your fingers entirely and focusing instead on just the palm/ back of hand area. ....on a dry enough day, I can get away with 3.

Mamba

Uranium
Founder
May 22, 2008
If I have my hands full when moving into another room with an interconnecting (closed) door, I won't put my stuff down to open the door- I'll just lift my leg up and open it with my foot/toes :D (We have handles that push down)

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
I have to hit the piss stream with a sniper shot of spit when I shake it out in the morning.

If I miss I feel like I let myself down.

Like I let my whole family down. :(

proper stranger

Yaa!
Founder
Apr 23, 2011
After I take a leak, I always change my socks, just in case some pissy toilet water has splashed out onto them.

I also change my underwear at least 6 times a day, because, like the story goes...you can shake it...you can break it...you can hang it on the wall...but you'll put it in your pants before the last drops fall.

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
I think this thread is neat. Speaking for myself, I'm not mocking anyone. We all have oddities about ourselves.

I have a black cotton t-shirt that I drape across my face every night. If it's not laying where it supposed to be, I'll actually get up and retreive a replacement before calling it a night.

I have to have the tops of the blankets tuck a little ways underneath the tops of my shoulders. And usually, I like the blankets to be tucked a little bit down the entire length of one side of my body.

We have a mini lap-top pluggged in to the socket in the bathroom because I like to search the web to pass the time while I'm pooping. I'm pooping right now.

proper stranger

Yaa!
Founder
Apr 23, 2011
I'm not mocking anyone.
I'm not mocking anyone either. All that I put into that post is true.

I have a whole pocket full of oddities.

Btw...you certainly seem to be pooping alot!

What comes out is hard to put back in.
Putting it back in would be quite the oddity as well.

Polar Bear

ppbbtt! -excuse me.
Founder
Mar 5, 2008
How does that happen? How do you go from I-poop-a-lot to I-like-to-have-sex-with-poop? Seems like you gotta take a few unprompted exits off the main highway to appear where we wound up, that's all I'm sayin.

I'm pooping right now. Also just sayin.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
How does that happen? How do you go from I-poop-a-lot to I-like-to-have-sex-with-poop? Seems like you gotta take a few unprompted exits off the main highway to appear where we wound up, that's all I'm sayin.

I'm pooping right now. Also just sayin.
I can pee without pooping but I can't poop without peeing.

Totally serious.

Agh, the many wonders of me; I am wonderful.

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
I think this thread is neat. Speaking for myself, I'm not mocking anyone. We all have oddities about ourselves.

I have a black cotton t-shirt that I drape across my face every night. If it's not laying where it supposed to be, I'll actually get up and retreive a replacement before calling it a night.

I have to have the tops of the blankets tuck a little ways underneath the tops of my shoulders. And usually, I like the blankets to be tucked a little bit down the entire length of one side of my body.

We have a mini lap-top pluggged in to the socket in the bathroom because I like to search the web to pass the time while I'm pooping. I'm pooping right now.
Dude, that's toe up!
[video=youtube;aq1DMyT4OFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq1DMyT4OFI[/video]

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
I must sleep with my mini-Sponge Bob pillow. No lie. It props my head up when resting on top of my main pillow.

I sometimes count the steps on sidewalks when I'm in the squares, from one line to the next line (square to square) even though it's the same amount and same stride in walk.

I always take a quick look at my poo before flushing, out of interest and curiosity.

I usually, not always, tuck in my undie T-shirt into my undies for a better fit, especially wearing a suit with trousers.