The price of food

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
My husband and I went food shopping last night and I couldn't believe the prices! We go every two weeks, and within two weeks, milk went from $3.99 a gallon, to almost $7! I refused to pay that, so we went to a corner store for the milk afterward. The price of cheese, cereal, and rice has jumped up too! We normally spend $240 every two weeks, but yesterday it was like $280. The fricken meats went up too. I really feel sorry for those who struggle as it is..

Has the price of food jumped where you guys live too?

Fishypancake

spoils milk
May 21, 2008
TRUE STORY! The only things I buy are Cheese , beef , and rice [ Its basiaclly all i enjoy the most]. and the prices at price choppers [ the cheapest store in PA are just bannanas.....shit I accualy bought some bran muffins.....BRAN MUFFINS.....THEY ARE DELICOUS. i dont deserve those...if this is not a recession it sure feels like one. I do not know about you, but I sure hope whoever get eleveted does not lie to us about the econemy.

[im sorry for spelling mistakes.....focus problems.]

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
An abortion would have been less than the cost of two months food for the little brats.

A clear financial winning choice if you ask me.
It's not my children, its my husband.. he eats the most.. I guess If i either killed him my food bill will go down drastically. Actually, I'd take $7 a gallon of milk over like $130 a month for his smoking habits anyway.

JackBlack

SoBer
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Out of State, out of mind.
My husband and I went food shopping last night and I couldn't believe the prices! We go every two weeks, and within two weeks, milk went from $3.99 a gallon, to almost $7! I refused to pay that, so we went to a corner store for the milk afterward. The price of cheese, cereal, and rice has jumped up too! We normally spend $240 every two weeks, but yesterday it was like $280. The fricken meats went up too. I really feel sorry for those who struggle as it is..

Has the price of food jumped where you guys live too?

Damn you guys are eating good.

stopwatch

Family
Jul 11, 2008
In transition
The most surprising raise to me was for APPLES. Here, it's cheaper to buy a couple pounds of clementines than 5 apples. That's absolutely outrageous.

Firestorm

n00b
Founder
May 7, 2008
Somewhere
It's not my children, its my husband.. he eats the most.. I guess If i either killed him my food bill will go down drastically. Actually, I'd take $7 a gallon of milk over like $130 a month for his smoking habits anyway.
I say we kill your hubby, then you and Amythist can just move into my place and I'll support you both.:yociexp77:

Violet

Yaa!
Founder
Feb 28, 2014
The price of breakfast cereal nearly knocked my socks off a couple of weeks back. It's now 2-3 times more what it was when I was a kid, yet minimum wage certainly hasn't doubled.

Though, I have to hand it to IL.. while the country-wide rate is $5.85, I think, the minimum wage for Illinois is to hop up to $7.75.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
The price of breakfast cereal nearly knocked my socks off a couple of weeks back. It's now 2-3 times more what it was when I was a kid, yet minimum wage certainly hasn't doubled.

Though, I have to hand it to IL.. while the country-wide rate is $5.85, I think, the minimum wage for Illinois is to hop up to $7.75.
Oh, I know.. me and my son are cereal lovers, and my goodness.. it's $6 a box of wheaties, and my son doesn't like the generic brand cereal.. he has to have his cocoa puffs, lol.

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
I know how you feel Jenn.

When I moved from the city to where I am now, I expected the price of meat, esp beef and dairy products to be cheaper, considering I live near the Beef Capital AND NORCO (the factory the produces the dairy products for the North Coast). But sadly, my food bill went from 200-250 dollars every 2 weeks to almost 400 dollars. Not only that, I find it hard pressed to buy an apple under 75cents. A SINGLE APPLE!

Meh. That's life I suppose :(

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
I know how you feel Jenn.

When I moved from the city to where I am now, I expected the price of meat, esp beef and dairy products to be cheaper, considering I live near the Beef Capital AND NORCO (the factory the produces the dairy products for the North Coast). But sadly, my food bill went from 200-250 dollars every 2 weeks to almost 400 dollars. Not only that, I find it hard pressed to buy an apple under 75cents. A SINGLE APPLE!

Meh. That's life I suppose :(
If it got that bad as to where I had to pay $400 every two weeks for food, I would start buying generic brands. I should try that now, but I cant stand the way certain things taste.

Yeah, apples psha, my son eats basically all fruits...he LOVES apples and can have like 4 a day.. and my goodness, that gets bad. I always have to run to the store for apples and I noticed the prices went up. Which I don't mind because I would rather him put me into the poor house for apples, than chocolate or chips.

Bunnee

*gigglesnorts*
Founder
Apr 25, 2008
Orstrayleeuh
Jenn- I DO buy generic brands. A lot of them.

I usually buy generic for things that don't matter, like pasta, and rice, flour, cheese, eggs, milk, staple ingredients that would taste the same regardless of the brand.

I agree with cereal though, even though I usually don't eat it myself. Generic coco pops are horrible, and they're really not that much more expensive compared to the name brand ones.

Scarlet

Founder
Mar 3, 2008
All our dairy products went sky high about 6 months ago even though we are a dairy producing country.
The reasoning behind the price rise was the farmers would get the same high prices on the International market so we could either pay that price or they would sell it overseas and we could go without.
As petrol is so expensive now, every item of food ( and everything else) has risen in price to match the transport expenses.
Bastards!!!
:yociexpress09:

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
I don't mind higher prices and economic downturn.
I get a strange sense of satisfaction knowing that some people are struggling and have to think twice before shoveling more calories down their fat retarded shit pipes.
It will only get worse before it gets better, and thats the truth. I say use your head and adapt, and watch others (read: minorities and poor) flounder and cry on national news about how hard life is and that the government needs to step in and save them.

I'm kind of an asshole about it I guess, but if things got 20 fold worse, it just wouldn't bother me.

Jenn

True Bitch
Founder
Mar 14, 2008
New Jersey
I don't mind higher prices and economic downturn.
I get a strange sense of satisfaction knowing that some people are struggling and have to think twice before shoveling more calories down their fat retarded shit pipes.
It will only get worse before it gets better, and thats the truth. I say use your head and adapt, and watch others (read: minorities and poor) flounder and cry on national news about how hard life is and that the government needs to step in and save them.

I'm kind of an asshole about it I guess, but if things got 20 fold worse, it just wouldn't bother me.
6 years ago, I wouldn't have gave a shit if people struggle. But now that I am a mother, I put myself in their shoes and actually feel really bad for them. We can afford the food prices, but there are many people who cant and it sucks.

And sometimes I am affected by this, because you have your idiots who buy loads and loads of food, and when they get in the fucking check out line, and realize they dont have enough... I have to fucking wait there while they go through their shit deciding what to put back. I hate when people do that!