The "Snow in NC/Dogs playing in said snow/Christmas" post

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
We got snow last night. Lots of it. Apparently this is the first time in over 60 years that NC has seen a white Christmas:

The snow added a nice effect to the Christmas lights at the front of the house:

Of course, no winter day is perfect without a video of the dogs playing in the snow. Added some music for additional Christmas charm...

[video=youtube;curoAga-3po]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=curoAga-3po[/video]

Toao

Family
Nov 19, 2010
My dogs have never seen snow. It feels like animal abuse.

I need to drive them to big bear.

SittinGrumpy

My oldest dog loved the snow, she would make snow balls and eat them or toss them with her nose, then try to find them. The others like it but not as much as she did... i miss her :(

Someone come take me to walmart lolololol

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
Ahhh, a child after my own heart. I started watching the video of the pups and my oldest says "Gosh, that song is so annoying. Make it stop."

Love the pics and doggies! :D

Pud

Yaa!
Founder
Apr 20, 2010
"Gosh, that song is so annoying. Make it stop."
BAHAHA! (humbug)

The vid does make me kinda sorta miss the first snow of the season in Alaska, before it gets all crusty and gray and full-o-poop.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
^ That.

The only way I like snow is if it stays cold enough for the entire time to keep the ground from becoming a soggy mess.

Snow plus cold is fine.

Snow .. then nearly 40 ( like today) sucks ass.

Absinthe

Staff member
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Ahhh, a child after my own heart. I started watching the video of the pups and my oldest says "Gosh, that song is so annoying. Make it stop." Love the pics and doggies! :D
Hahahaha... they can't appreciate these things... yet...

before it gets all crusty and gray and full-o-poop.
Our front yard looks beautiful and the back yard is still pretty nice. However, the temps are going up and the weather people say it will be 60 degree on Saturday/Sunday... "sad lip"...

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
full-o-poop.

This soo makes me think about that native dude that was just walkin along the side of the road, pulled his pants down, mid-stride dropped a bomb, pulled his pants up, and kept walking while the turd just sat there and steamed. All I could think was "that's going to thaw in the spring...."

Pud

Yaa!
Founder
Apr 20, 2010
^ Not even the second page... and we've already corrupted the convo...

Toao

Family
Nov 19, 2010
This soo makes me think about that native dude that was just walkin along the side of the road, pulled his pants down, mid-stride dropped a bomb, pulled his pants up, and kept walking while the turd just sat there and steamed.

"Native dude?" We call em winos here.

Pud

Yaa!
Founder
Apr 20, 2010
I dunno .. the freeze point of feces and Xmas snow seem oddly related to me.
Sounds like something the TSA must have already investigated. The liquefaction and gasification threshold of poop is critical to the success of dog-bearing would-be holiday terrorists.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
We've got 19 degrees Celsius at 10:00 a.m. as of now.

The only way Hong Kong is getting any snow is when a drug smugglers plane explodes mid-air with a couple tons of cocaine or heroin.
If that happens, I'll be outside with my mouth open to catch the flakes as they fall.