The Worst Thing Ever

Kill_em_All

Family
Founder
Jul 29, 2008
Went to Denver this week and was re-introduced to Pernod Fils. For those of you uncertain what that is...

Sadly, I had to catch a redeye back to STL last night to be at an 11am meeting this morning (which I'm strongly debating cancelling).

I....

Threw up in Denver International's parking lot,

in Denver International's restroom,

in Denver International's baggage check,

mid-flight,

and in Avis' shuttle.

Getting old FTL.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
Went to Denver this week and was re-introduced to Pernod Fils. For those of you uncertain what that is...

Sadly, I had to catch a redeye back to STL last night to be at an 11am meeting this morning (which I'm strongly debating cancelling).

I....

Threw up in Denver International's parking lot,

in Denver International's restroom,

in Denver International's baggage check,

mid-flight,

and in Avis' shuttle.

Getting old FTL.
I was in France for 2 months and Pernod was the Afternoon drink of choice.

It's considered a mans drink along with other Anis bottled makers.

Maybe you didn't mix in enough water? It's always drank with a water base mix.

Kill_em_All

Family
Founder
Jul 29, 2008
I was in France for 2 months and Pernod was the Afternoon drink of choice.

It's considered a mans drink along with other Anis bottled makers.

Maybe you didn't mix in enough water? It's always drank with a water base mix.
I've had lesser brands of Absinthe in the past and drank them in the designed fashion, i.e; slotted spoon w/ sugar cube, slow drip cold water etc. I finally get a decent bottle of Pernod and what do I do? Slam it in shot glasses at full strength like a douche bag.

It's really hard to find decent absinthes in the Midwest, even two full years after the ban has been lifted. We're pretty much limited to the USA distilled, bohemian styles popular in New Orleans, which are essentially Vodka-steepened nightmarish concoctions which only closely resemble the real deal. We had a chance to stop at Beaver Liquors in Avon, Colorado on our way to Glenwood Springs and this place is to alcoholics what Lourdes is to fucking cancer patients. It's like the mecca of alcoholism. I picked up bottles of shit that I haven't seen in years...

A 97 Opus One, a couple bottles of Byron, Whitcraft, Sea Smoke, and a few other great Santa Ynez Valley Bien Nacidos, in addition to six bottles of Pernod and had them shipped to my home in St. Louis.

It's hard being a drunk in the Midwest.