They moved south?

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
I live in redneck USA but I am surrounded by Yankees. When I first met my neighbors, I thought that they were odd as hell but have since started liking their quirkiness. Most seem to be from New York. They moved here mainly for jobs and the lower cost of living. They drink a lot and are a lot of fun. My only problem with them is the shit that they always talk about southern drivers. They think we are too scared to drive in the snow and are crazy for shutting everything down. Why is it so hard to understand that we are not prepared as far as keeping our roads safe. Why should we be? We rarely get snow.

I have a sign in my kitchen that plainly states the southern motto "What Part Of Ya'll Don't You Understand" for all Yankees to see when they walk into my house. I try to give them a heads up that I am proud to be a southern belle before they stick their foot into their mouth. As long as they respect that, we can get along.

You would think that the states were having a war over how people drive in my neighborhood.

Klautermauffen

F-f-f-f-f-f-f-founderrr
Founder
Mar 11, 2008
Seattle
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaha. Simple solution:

GET OVER IT.

It's not going away- just like blonde jokes and the hatred of the opposite sex on the road. So you've let them know you're a southern belle? They've let you know where they're from as well. You can still be friends and have different opinions and express them, yano...

SittinGrumpy

My only problem with them is the shit that they always talk about southern drivers.
My response to this....over half the drivers in north carolina are not FROM north carolina so fuck y'all

Negtivecool - thank you so much for the history lesson, I just don't know what we would do without your brains. :yociexp83:

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
My response to this....over half the drivers in north carolina are not FROM north carolina so fuck y'all

Negtivecool - thank you so much for the history lesson, I just don't know what we would do without your brains. :yociexp83:
If being around and educated in college towns has taught me anything (not much mind you) is that people come from many different backgrounds, interests, and yes STATES of the union.

I've taken residence in four different states in the past eight years. I despise townies. I despise townies for your first statement, and the reason for NiBBler's thread. Your condescension towards anyone outside of your state, and I'm betting, your little part of the state.

Your attitudes towards this topic somehow struck a nerve given the fact that the wife's occupation will allow her to teach at literally any university in America with a Speech Path. program. She's looked into teaching at Georgia. If anyone disrespected her opinion based on the fact that she grew up elsewhere and that she's a "yankee," I'd insist on moving away from the "polite" south.

In short:
Some people you met that used to live in an area that commonly receives large amounts of snowfall find it ridiculous the world shuts down because of a few inches? Shocking!

Next time, nod your head and STFU.

rammstein1861

Masticater
Founder
Jan 8, 2009
Alt F4 if you wanna know.
I am from both sections of the Union, and I have to say, people in the South can NOT Fucking DRIVE. Period.

Here Is some credibility for ya. I was born in Michigan. However From 7-14 I lived in Eastern Kentucky. So know that you know I am from both sides of the mason Dixon heres some shit I think about Driving.

Parents just moved to St. Louis MO. The speed limit is 60 on the highway because people suck at Driving. People Stop in Merging lanes BTW.

They close the entire city for the THREAT of snow. When I lived in Kentucky I would watch the news for the Pre-emptive school closing. 90% of the time there was no snow on the days I got off of school.

In Kentucky The Speed limit on un-posted roads is 55. 90% of drivers do 30. They drive for miles with their turn signals on. O and when Emergency Vehicles are coming they have NO IDEA that they must pull over and stop if possible.

SittinGrumpy

If being around and educated in college towns has taught me anything (not much mind you) is that people come from many different backgrounds, interests, and yes STATES of the union.

I've taken residence in four different states in the past eight years. I despise townies. I despise townies for your first statement, and the reason for NiBBler's thread. Your condescension towards anyone outside of your state, and I'm betting, your little part of the state.

Your attitudes towards this topic somehow struck a nerve given the fact that the wife's occupation will allow her to teach at literally any university in America with a Speech Path. program. She's looked into teaching at Georgia. If anyone disrespected her opinion based on the fact that she grew up elsewhere and that she's a "yankee," I'd insist on moving away from the "polite" south.

In short:
Some people you met that used to live in an area that commonly receives large amounts of snowfall find it ridiculous the world shuts down because of a few inches? Shocking!

I was not condescending to anyone, I stated a fact, people (from the north, south, east or west) complain about drivers here in NC.

NC has grown by leaps and bounds and at times has had averages of 60 families moving into the capital area a day, this being said, ALL the stupid drivers on the road are not North Carolinians; thus stating that people from NC can’t drive simply makes those people look stupid.
I did not call people names I simply said fuck those people who make statement like “People from NC can’t drive.â€
I am proud of where I was born and raised but that doesn’t mean I do not know, understand or appreciate diversity. I have lived all over this state, met wonderful people from all over the world and you assuming that I have a “townie†mentality shows your narrow mindedness toward people like me. What is wrong with being proud of where you from, or that the fact you are on the same soil that your great great great grandfather was, or being able to go back to the first newspapers printed and seeing your family name in the place you call home

It is NOT about disrespecting someone opinion, it is about if you moved here it can’t be so bad and if it is go the fuck back where you came from…if you think this pertains to ONLY people from above the Mason Dixon line you are sadly mistaken!

I am from both sections of the Union, and I have to say, people in the South can NOT Fucking DRIVE. Period.

Here Is some credibility for ya. I was born in Michigan. However From 7-14 I lived in Eastern Kentucky. So know that you know I am from both sides of the mason Dixon heres some shit I think about Driving.

Parents just moved to St. Louis MO. The speed limit is 60 on the highway because people suck at Driving. People Stop in Merging lanes BTW.

They close the entire city for the THREAT of snow. When I lived in Kentucky I would watch the news for the Pre-emptive school closing. 90% of the time there was no snow on the days I got off of school.

In Kentucky The Speed limit on un-posted roads is 55. 90% of drivers do 30. They drive for miles with their turn signals on. O and when Emergency Vehicles are coming they have NO IDEA that they must pull over and stop if possible.
Once again as I said to Neg... just because you lived in one southern state does not mean you know how everyone drives in the south....

And y'all call us narrow minded ppbbbbttttt

Negativecool

Gold Member
Founder
May 30, 2008
Internet
I have lived all over this state, met wonderful people from all over the world and you assuming that I have a “townie” mentality shows your narrow mindedness toward people like me. What is wrong with being proud of where you from
If I'm not mistaken, I believe I already explained it.

Moving along...
And y'all call us narrow minded ppbbbbttttt
I don't believe I called anyone narrow minded. I stated your attitudes toward people not from where you're from struck a nerve. You seem to be mixing your stereotypical view of how "northerners" view "southerners" with what was actually said. On top of the fact that I wasn't just addressing you so my post wasn't directed completely at the few lines you posted.

KommieKat

Mao's Pet Cat
Founder
Mar 2, 2008
Hong Kong, hiding from the Kommies!
I despise townies for your first statement, and the reason for NiBBler's thread. Your condescension towards anyone outside of your state, and I'm betting, your little part of the state.
Ain't that the shits.

We moved back to North Carolina (Greensboro) from L.A. for my jr/sr high schooling and I hated every single day I lived there.

The local smucks didn't care too much for a long haired L.A. suburban boy so they decided to insult me like calling me "dog boy" and such shit.

I refused to give in to the southern accent and their southern ways.
I have 5 acres of land in Aiken South Carolina and hope to retire there when I hit 60 and build an Eco-home.
I am a southern boy by birth, American boy by birth, but I've been never more happy living overseas.

Fuck the Bible Belt.

Listen up you Southerners:
The fucking war is over and YOU LOST!

NiBBler

boop!
Dec 10, 2008
NC
I despise townies for your first statement, and the reason for NiBBler's thread. Your condescension towards anyone outside of your state, and I'm betting, your little part of the state.
The point was that THEY, the non-natives, run their mouths not us. They are the condescending ones because each year they start giving their speeches on how well northerners can drive compared to us country bumpkins. The southerners are not the ones talking shit. My statement still stands, if you don't like it here, then please leave. (See my southern manners?)

Again why should I? I am not the one running my mouth.

*Update* My boss who is from Maine, just called and told me to head in later because he is concerned about me being on the road. There is NOTHING on the roads here but I will take advantage of his offer...hehehe.

Unhappy Camper

Hells yeah
Founder
Mar 10, 2008
Fayettenam Area, NC
Its not there becasue of me, not because he is a pussy....can we just drop this and move along?

I doubt it.

It's the internet, people that get upset over banter via the I-webs need to check their fucking meds.

Furthermore, why did you ask him to edit it ?

I can see all original versions of things that are edited, and in my view he did not say anything that required to be removed.